The Lire's

• Dedicated to my family

I stand up and brush myself off. It's very interesting how when your little sister blows a hole in the wall of your home, a lot of people notice and come running. It's ike they want to put themselves in danger. Of course, when your home is the royal palace, and you and your sister are princesses, it draws a lot more attention then usual.

Yes, I'm a princess. Princess Alaura Eternity Soul Hier, leader of this tribe. My sister is Blade Aurora Belevolence Hier. The middle name "belevolence" doesn't quite fit her some of the time. For example, how she blew a hole in the palace.

She wanted to find out if the cannon was broken or not. She said she wanted to test it herself, and couldn't wait to get it outside. So she just blasted the wall to dust.

Now, back to the "leader of this tribe" thing. You see, princes and princesses rule a tribe each, where I come from. The king rules the princesses and princes. The kings children are Arch-Princess/Princes. This specific tribe is the Tribe of Archis.

When I die, Blade takes over (I hope it takes a long time for me to die, because she's nine and not completely... mature) , unless I have children. If I have children, the eldest of my children take over. Thing is, with all of my eight siblings, I probably won't get children. My siblings would scare my husband off within a minute. Or less.

Yes, I have other crazy siblings. Brandon Lyle Kirk Hier, Carthag Virgil Smith Hier, William Ian Warren Hier, and Zane Love Dane Hier are my good brothers, and Willow Xena Lily Hier, Seran Monica Olivia Hier, and Divia Arcane Hunteress Hier are the rest of my good siblings. Yes, I have a lot of them. Yes, I said good.

Karen and Quinn are my evil siblings. As in, they're with my father.

Please don't try to memorize them all. My father is an evil madman who has over a hundred kids. Not all of them live with us, and only some are full blooded siblings. He's had over two wives. My mom was the former princess. They say Princess Avery, my mother, was elegant. Me? Not so much. I'm more likely a violent kind of person. While my mother might hire someone else to lead the army, I'd be on the battlefield myself.

 In fact, the only resemblence I have to my brother is my dark hair, The rest... I unfortunately look like my father, with the sage green eyes. It's uncomfortable sometimes, having the eyes of your psychopath father.

"Blade..." I try to keep my voice calm, "why don't you understand that you could have gotten someone, anyone, to bring this outside and point it at a target?"

"Uh... because?" she looks at me nervously.

"Just... ask me before doing this kind of thing next time," I manage, "even if you have to wait until I'm free."

"You're never free!" she whines.

"Sis, there's financial meetings, court cases, keeping an eye on possible threats, practice, etc," I take a deep breath. "It takes one second after a meeting for me to say yes or no."

"Okay," she gulps.

"Please don't try to take one of the guards weapons on your way out of the armory," I cross my arms. Guards swarm around me, checking out the scene.

"Hey, Alaura, can we-" I turn around to see Willow and Zane behind me, gaping at the hole in the wall. How did they miss that?!

"Blade tested out the cannon first," I say, "while indoors."

"Wow..." Willow and Zane chorus in awe. "Awesome!" they laugh.

"Yes, awesome," I roll my eyes, "and a security risk. Anyone could climb through there!"

"And we'd kick their butts!" Zane does a few air punches, and when he tries a kick, he falls on his butt.

Willow just sighs and shakes her head.

"Lady Hier!" a guard runs up to me and salutes.

"Speak," I say in a commanding tone.

"we found the cannon ball in a nearby field, My Lady."

"Anywhere near the villagers or townspeoples property?" I ask.

"No, My Lady. Shall we take a team to see who ambushed us, My Lady?"

"No," I reply, "It was just Princess Blade testing the cannons," I look at Blade at that part.

"Yes, My Lady," he bows.

"You may get back to your duties," I nod in acknowledgement of him doing his job.

"My Lady," he bows again, bows to Blade, Willow, and Zane, and backs out of the room.

"Willow, Blade, Zane," I look at each of them in turn, "get out of the armory."

Thet run off, Blade and Willow chasing Zane. I walk into the corridor and look at Jacobson, a guard. "Jacobson, lock the armory, and only let people with my seal in," I say, "even if it's me. Am I understood?"

"Yes, My Lady."

"Now to find the Captain," I look around for, Lore, my Captain of Security, "where is that man?"

"At the stables, I believe, My Lady," Jacobson answers me though I didn't ask him, knowing that I'd appreciate it.

"Thank you, Jacobson," I smile at him.