| 44 |

—MAKE UP
unedited

"Let me take you on a date, my treat to make it up for you though it can't compare

"Let me take you on a date, my treat to make it up for you though it can't compare." He asked, hands holding her smaller ones in desperation to make things right.

Rinyoung looked down at their intertwined fingers and glanced back up to his round eyes. "Okay,"

"Thank you,"

It had been a few days since Rinyoung had been released from the hospital, and the night of her and Donghyuck's date. She had asked him to not spend money on her as it was the last thing she wanted, but by the way the dress —he bought for her to wear tonight — looked, he completely ignored her request.

Looking down at the satin emerald dress that had been slipped onto her figure, she trailed her hands down from the thin straps to the slit that resided on her right mid-thigh. Looking up in the mirror, she saw the way the fabric hugged her body in the most perfect way— making her feel beautiful.

"Milady." Jaemin announced his presence from the door frame, dressed neatly in a black tux.

"Um, what?" Rinyoung asked, baffled from how the boy's hair was slicked back and parted in the middle, with a drawn on mustache.

"Play along, I'm not getting paid, the least you can do is play along." He nagged, walking into the girl's room with his left arm extended.

Reluctantly, Rinyoung hooked her arm with his and stood at his side. "Who drew on that mustache?"

"Jisung, and don't tell him but I think he did a really bad job." He whispered cheekily, beginning to lead her out of her bedroom to the corridor. They walked towards the very head of the staircase where Jaemin halted. "Smile." He chimed. "Everyone's waiting at the bottom."

Confused, Rinyoung furrowed her eyebrows and turned forward as they began to travel down the stairs, it was only until a group of boys came into sight, with one dressed nicely in a black suit stood at the very foot of the case.

Becoming shy from all the attention and cheers, her cheeks reddened and began to hurt from all the genuine grinning she did.

As she reached the bottom, Donghyuck stepped towards her, an indifferent expression on his face, though she knew it was a mask.

"You look nice," he whispered softly, his orbs raking over her body, and lingering around her hips.

"You have good taste in dresses." She complimented, removing her arm from Jaemin's to now hold his.

"What can I say, I have an eye for all things beautiful." He spoked cockily, a smug smirk on his face. The pair bid the crowd of men goodbye before slipping past the grand doors of their home and into Donghyuck's car.

It smelt of a mixture of his daily cologne and lavender, making her sigh in content, the soulmate bond fully putting her in a trance as always. She deeply inhaled as he started up the engine, driving out of their neighborhood to the main road.

At first, as they zoomed past multiple shops and buildings, it was quiet, leaving the two to their thoughts. But Donghyuck's lips itched and he knew he had to say something.

Awkwardly he began, "Um," he's never felt like this, well he's never had a soulmate until he met her, and that was when a whirlwind of emotions had flurried his heart, unlike before. "You remember what I said, um a week ago, back in our argument." He murmured.

"Yeah, faintly, why?" She turned towards him, hoping to see his dark orbs meet her but she knew he wouldn't as he was driving.

"I just wanna promise you that, your secret is safe with me." He removed his hand from the gear shift and placed it on her knee, caressing it gently with his thumb.

The skin contact made her heart jump, it speeding up and pounding against her chest.

"Thank you," she smiled, moving her hand to place it on top of his, it becoming their favorite skinship "Hmm, where are we going?"

"You'll see," he teased, his feelings of pride and proudness emitting from his change in posture. "I feel you being impatient, don't worry we're almost there." He reassured, patting her thigh.

"I don't like that you can see through me and feel my emotions." She grumbled, remembering the numerous times he had barged into her room to tell her to stop crying, and she sunk into her seat from embarrassment, reminiscing the way he caught her with tissues in her nose as she watched a kdrama, wrapped in a swarm of blankets.

"Do you think I like crying randomly?" He joked, briefly glancing at her before returning his sight to the road.

"Do you think I like tasting cigarettes?" She mocked his low voice, holding up a hand puppet as she continued their lighthearted banter. "You should stop,"

"I can't just stop, y'know."

"Well how about every time you get a craving, you just talk to me and I'll remove the craving with my wonderful talking skills." She chuckled, pinching his knuckle playfully, making him hiss.

"Ow, mean."

"Muah." She puckered her lips in a teasing manner, before returning her vision to the city outside of her window.

His nostrils flared in exasperation, feeling his heart rate pick up.

He cleared his throat awkwardly. "Remember that time I drove us home at night—"

"And i totally went main character on you?" She laughed, shaking her head.

"We should do that again," He briefly turned his eyes to her, seeing her pearly teeth peak through her smile. "Y'know a late night drive,"

"We should, it was fun." She grinned, patting his hand in affection.

Slowly, the car came to a stop, in front of a large elegant restaurant. Rinyoung scooted towards the window and peered through, reading the name.

"La Fleur? How did you know this was my favorite?" She asked, turning to him, expecting an answer.

"Who knew you had a wiki page,"