Chapter 8: Unexplainable luck

Cameron P.O.V

I left patiences hospital room to find that bastard. He held us hostage and then next thing he brings flowers to my sister. That isn't family. I saw him smoking a joint outside. "Illegal boy eh ugh" I thought to myself. I approached him and he passed me his blunt. I threw it on the ground and stepped on it. I spat at him. He looked at me for a moment and then he looked down again. "Well boy I don't see why you've done that." He said calmly. I grabbed him by the rim of his shirt and pulled him up the against the wall. "You slapped her. You hurt her. You hurt her friend and I. What kind of sick person are you?" I yelled in his face. "Now listen." He said. "No you listen to me. You ever lay your hands on her or her friends again I'll kill you and I'll make it look like a bloody accident." I said sternly. "She brought me to the ground after I slapped her. She's stronger than I thought. Watch her she might just try to take that strength out on herself again." He spat. "She was only 8. She didn't choose to have depression and she was lucky enough her friends even accepted her but her own father judge her for what she had no control over. You are the reason she did those things. Maybe it's time you clean up your act before you get thrown in jail." I snapped at him and then dropped him and walked away.

Patience P.O.V

Cameron walked back into the room bruise less and cut proof. "Wow no fight?" I asked surprisingly. "Nah I just made him aware of his stupidity." He laughed in response. "Aha I see." I responded. A beautiful nurse came in and put some breakfast out for me. "Hope your doing good this morning patience, congratulations you can go home today." She said softly. I smiled in response and looked at cameron but he was in a complete gaze with the nurse. The nurse walked out and Cameron snapped back to reality. "I swear I know her." He said. "Mhhmm sure." I said winking at him. We got back home and there I saw my mom. She was sitting down holding her arm from the tape that they strapped on her. I was confused I thought she was dead. "Mom?!" I exclaimed running to her. "Patience?!" She returned and hugged me tightly. "Mom are you alright what happened, how are you here?" Cameron questioned. "Two guys from that place were actually good and they took me home. I'm so happy to see you alive!" She said happily. "Yes mama were home." I said softly then hugging her tightly.

•The next day•

Chad P.O.V

The only girl. The only beautiful girl I was waiting for at the doors. Patience. Patience walked through the front doors and never even glanced at me. "Do I mean nothing to her?" I questioned. "No but you did cheat on her." My friend said popping beside me. "I lost her." I said frowning. "Don't worry we'll get the boys together and we'll have a party this weekend. Plus I got some extra whisky." He said patting my back. "Thanks man" I replied and walked to class. Drama. Damn it. "Hello my fantastic learns of this fine morning!" Mrs.brink exclaimed joyfully entering the classroom. "I want the play reversed from start to finish with our own twists from now on." She said. "Romeo and Juliet please find your place at the stage." She ordered. Patience and I walked to the stage. "And go." She said. The lights dimmed. Her and I. The only ones on stage. Her beautiful ocean blue eyes. "My parents do not approve of us my dearest Romeo." She said softly looking away. "Than we'll have to keep this a secret." I said firmly turning her head to me. "My dear Romeo, I can't. It's to much of a risk." She said holding my face with her warm soft hands that I once held. "Please my darling." I insisted holding her hand. "I guess we can try but I must go." She said kissing my cheek and running off stage. The lights turned back on. She came back on stage and stood beside me but extreme space was between us. "Very very good this time especially Romeo not as 'dramatic' as our mishaps last time haha." Mrs.brink said clapping. "See everyone next week have a glorious weekend!" She said leaving the theatre. I looked over at patience and she started running. I ran after her. "Wait!" I yelled. She stopped and turned to me and flipped me off and ran down the hall to her locker. "No..." I said banging a random locker in frustration. "Why am I that stupid." I asked myself. "Ugh." I said walking off to the cafeteria.

Patience P.O.V

The last bell. Yes! Home awaits me and so does mama bear. I thought to myself grabbing my bag and running to the car. Then I sat and waited for cameron. He came out with his girlfriend and they kissed goodbye but this time she stopped before they hugged. I looked in concern at Cameron's facial expressions. She kissed his cheek and walked away. Cameron stomped over to the car with watery eyes and slammed the door. I got in and sat quietly. I knew what happened and I knew it wasn't easy. I wasn't going to try to talk to him but I did it anyway. "I'm sorry." I said softly. He kept his eyes to the road as tears ran rapidly down his cheeks. "Cameron.." I said and he completely broke down. He pulled the car over and balled his eyes out. "3 YEARS OF NOTHING. OF NOTHING. IM WORTHLESS TO HER AND EVERYONE. I'D BE BETTER OFF DEAD." He yelled banging his hands on the steering wheel. "Shhh cam" I whispered holding him and rubbing his arm. "Everything will be okay , take deep breaths." I continued. After 30 minutes of talking and crying we finally got back on the road and got home. I watched Cameron just incase he tried anything. I never trusted Cameron alone when he was sad. The only thing he wanted to do when he was sad was commit suicide and that scared me. Life without Cameron would be like Mickey without Pluto. I can't go without him. Mom got home and read my text. She sat down on the couch and held Cameron an rocked him back and forth which seemed to comfort both of us. "You know when you were little you used to take patience and use her as your dog. She used to lick your dinner plate for you and you would brush her teeth and put her hair up in piggy tails. It was a great stress reliever for me. Patience never let anyone do her hair but you." She said to him making him laugh a little and look at me. I stuck my tongue out in response. "Imagine that cam. What if you weren't here? Patience would be dealing with boys all by herself. She wouldn't have that big brother that did her hair. I wouldn't have that brilliant son that does everything around the house out of love for his dear mother." She said to him making him tear up in joy. "I know we never talk about it, and I know it isn't to relate but maybe patience is the whole reason I didn't kill myself. Without her in that car to hold me I probably would have crashed, without her to make memories like that I wouldn't have seen a happiness to life but especially you mom, without you I couldn't have been here with patience and you. My girls." Cameron said whipping his eyes. My mom and I teared up and held him tight. "I love you." He said. "We love you too." My mom and I responded to him at the same time.

•11:47pm Friday•

Patience P.O.V
I looked out the window and saw the ghetto once again preparing their parties. I sat on the couch with cam and turned on the tv to find a movie. The news turned on and we watched it until mom would finish in the kitchen. "BREAKING NEWS." Cameron and I looked at each other and I turned the volume up. "Chad correi found majorly injured with rope burns all over his neck. No more information had been submitted but hopefully soon back to you Karen." And the news carried on. "What the..." I said being interrupted by Cameron "butt" he said and winked at me pointing to mom in the kitchen. "I need to go to the hospital." I said and mom rushed in. "Are you okay patience? What's wrong honey?" She said worried. "Not me, chad." I said rushing out the door. I grabbed the keys and although I was under the driving age I still drove all the way to the hospital. I parked the car and ran in. "Chad correi." I said and the nurse at the front desk pointed to a hallway and said "room 105" , "thank you." I replied and ran down the hall. I rushed into the room and chad was laying there peacefully and alive. "Chad!" I exclaimed and kissed him. I didn't care about anything else weather he cheated or not he needed me and that's all that mattered right now. "Did you try to..?" I asked. "I can't live without you patience that why." He said holding my hand. "I promise I'll never leave." I said holding his face and kissing him before I sat down and waited for the nurses and doctors came in. The doctor finally came in. "Very minor. You didn't make it as far as they thought. You'll get to leave by about 12:01am."he said winking. "Because you need to take some more medication." He continued and than he walked out. "You hear that babe? We get to leave soon!" I said holding his hand and he smiled in response.

•we returned to my house•

"We're home!" I yelled and mom and Cameron came rushing in to see chad. Chad was quite but he kept a tight grip on my hand. "Hey man I'm glad to see you still here." Cameron said patting his shoulder. Chad smiled and hugged him tight than I dragged chad up to my room to watch movies. We sat on my bed and before I turned a movie in years came running down chads cheeks. "Baby?" I said softly and rushed over and held him tightly. "I just...I just missed...missed you so...soo much." He said stuttering. "Awww chad." I said smiling and wiping his eyes. I kissed him and we cuddled till we fell asleep. No matter what had happened between us I loved him and love had over grown my anger and happiness had filled the hole in my heart.

To be continued...