Hanahaki - the street

Toast gazed at the two names left on the scrap paper. He tried not to let the slowed heartbeat of his friend on the pulsimeter distract himself from the decision he needed to make.

Being a detective for Toast seemed much easier in games than in real life, when his friend's death could creep on in between any second he wasted in thoughts. 

Concentrate, Toast. Concentrate. Go through the timeline. Sykkuno coughed during a dinner. He found a hydrangea petal. Sykkuno wasn't willing to talk more...

Hydrangea petal.

A soft green, hydrangea petal.

Soft green...

*

"Toast, are you alright there? Why did you..."

"Rae, end the stream."

"Wait, why?"

"Please, just do it. It's you."

"What?"

"RAE HE NEEDS YOU TO SAVE HIS LIFE!"

*

His life is dependent on her and yet there's a damn f*cking traffic jam out of nowhere. 

"Please it's an emergency is there some way we could change the route?"

"Sorry but I'm afraid not." the Uber driver turned around, "Waiting is a part of the jour..."

All he found was a one-hundred-dollar bill lying on the backseat.

Rae darted her way through a few cars and leapt onto a sidewalk. The hospital was in her sight, after all most of her adulthood memory was based on this street. 

Through the gaming stores. 

Through the Asian restaurants. 

Through the flower bed of hydrangeas.