Talk To Me

The band was at a restaurant.
It was Wednesday afternoon and they had just finished their food.
The four band members talked and laughed. It was just like back then, when they first met.
Still, they couldn't help but notice Murdoc was acting.. weird.
Everytime he spoke to 2D, he avoided eye contact. And when he did look into his eyes, he looked away immediately.
2D found this quite strange, just a few days ago, they sat cuddled up on the couch while watched a movie and now Murdoc was avoiding him.
All 2D could think about was: 'Did I do something wrong? Is he no longer interested?', which made him upset.
Russel and Noodle gave each other a look, then turned their heads towards 2D, who just shrugged.

"I'm going to the restroom.", Murdoc said as he got up from his seat, almost running towards the bathroom door.

"Okay.", Noodle sighed.
She looked at 2D, who's eyes were glued onto Murdoc. He had a worried look on his face.
Russel noticed.

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom too. Be right back.", Russel walked to the bathroom with a quick pace.
Noodle placed a hand on 2D's shoulder.

"Are you okay? You seem off..", she asked the bluenette.

"I don't know.. What's wrong with Murdoc? We've been so happy, what's with him..? Is it me..?", he sighed.

"No, it's not your fault.. Maybe he's just in a bad mood.."

"I don't know..."

----------------------------------------------------------

Russel came into the bathroom, just to find Murdoc standing in front of a sink, his hands on each side and his head low.

"You Mudz, you good? You've been really weird lately.", he walked over to the Satanist.

"It's.. Nothing..", he removed his hands from the sink and was about to exit the room, but a strong hand pulled him right back inside.

"Listen Murdoc, if there's anything wrong, you can tell us, you know that we won't judge you."

"PFFt- what? There's nothing wrong, I'm fine..! I'm..fine...", he glanced at Russel, who looked extremely worried.
Murdoc sighed, opened his mouth to say something, when Noodle ripped the door open.

"We're leaving, are you done?", she gave Murdoc the same look as Russel did, it made him uncomfortable.

"Yeah, just a second Noodle.", Russel replied, to which she nodded.
"What we're you about to say?"

"Nothing, it's nothing. I'm fine. Let's go, the others are waiting.", Russel let go of his arm and sighed as he followed Murdoc outside.
Noodle and 2D were already waiting outside. Murdoc hesitated, but figured there was no way out of the situation.

"Oh, there you are! Let's go then.", Noodle started walking.
2D waited for Russel to walk away, he needed to talk to Murdoc.

"Mudz, what's wrong?", he asked the Satanist.
Murdoc looked at the ground.

"Nothing's wrong.", he started walking.
2D stood there wide eyed.

"You sure? You can tell me, the others don't need to know! You can trust me, I promise!", 2D ran after him.
Murdoc didn't answer.
2D gave up.

----------------------------------------------------------

2D was pacing around his room.
It's been a whole week and Murdoc still ignored him.
'Should I go talk to him? But he never says anything! Dammit, what should I do!!???'
He looked at the bass, then decided that was it. Murdoc couldn't avoid him for no reason, he wanted an explanation. 2D walked out of his room, down the hallway to Murdoc's. He didn't bother to knock, he just opened the door harshly and slammed it shut. The Satanist sat on his bed. He looked at 2D for a split second, then at the wall next to him.
2D scoffed.

"Murdoc, it's been a week, what the fuck? What the fuck is wrong with you!?", 2D almost yelled, which made Murdoc want to look at him even less.
"Really!?"

"...", Murdoc opened his mouth, but no words came out of it. 2D gave him a few minutes, but when nothing came out, he was furious.

"Are you fucking serious? What happened to 'let's hang out' or 'let's watch a movie'?? What happened to 'can I kiss you', hm??"
Murdoc flinched when he mentioned the last part.
"Wow.", 2D stood in front of the door for a bit, not saying another word.

"You know what? I'm done.", 2D turned around and was about to open the door.

"2D wait!!"
Murdoc ran up to him, grabbing his arm, looking him directly into his eyes.

"Well??", 2D hissed.

"I'm sorry.. I've been thinking..", Murdoc looked away again.

"Really Murdoc?? What could possibly be so important, that you ignore me for a whole FUCKING WEEK!!??", he shouted at the last part.
"A new fuckmate or what? A new chick you're just gonna push away once you get what you want?", tears started rolling down his cheeks, but the angry look didn't fade.

"No! It's just...", Murdoc didn't finish his sentence. He couldn't finish his sentence. He glanced at 2D, who gave him a cold look.

"Fuck you.", he said before trying to free himself from the bassist's grip.
Murdoc didn't let go though, he wasn't finished, but couldn't tell him what was on his mind.
"Let me go!! Don't start being all clingy now, you fucking player!!"

"W-what..?", Murdoc was shocked.

"You bloody heard me, you're a damm player! You wanna act all lovey dovey to get laid, then act like what we've been through never happened! You fucking bastard!"

"2D, you don't understand!"

"Yes I fucking don't understand!! What the hell??!"

"I CAN'T BLOODY TELL YOU!!", Murdoc snapped. After realizing what he had just done, he covered his mouth with his free hand. 2D had a shocked expression on his face, as more tears started streaming down his face.
Murdoc let go of his arm.
"Shit.. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to! It slipped out! I.. I just... Give me some time, please.. I need to figure something out.. I don't hate you, I swear! I'm not trying to avoid you it's just that.. There's something I need to think about. On my own. It's not your fault or anything like that, it's me. Something's wrong with me and I don't know what..
Please, please don't hate me now.."

2D was about to slap him, but the look in Murdoc's eyes made him go soft.
"Just.. Don't ignore me.."

"I won't."
2D gave him a weak smile, then went into his room, closing the door quietly.

"Satan... Bloody help me.."

[1074 words]