Chapter 17

Jiros POV- 

I woke up with my arms wrapped around Mina, my face pressed in the crook of her neck. One of her arms was loosely around me and our legs intertwined. I blushed as I carefully tried to move without waking her. I froze as she let out a small noise of discomfort. When she didn’t wake up I started to move again successfully untangling the two of us without waking up Mina. I let out a sigh of relief right as Bakugou's alarm started to blare, waking everyone else up. 

“It's too early,” Kaminari whined, snuggling his face into Seros side. “Wake up dumbass or you’ll miss half the day's activities,” Bakugou growled as he chucked a pillow at Kaminaris face. I tuned out their shenanigans and turned to Mina, “Good morning,” I said as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. “Morning,” She mumbled, giving no indication that she knew we’d been cuddling just minutes before. I let out a silent sigh of relief. I didn’t know if she liked me back and I didn’t want to say or do anything that would ruin our friendship if she didn’t. I was interrupted from my thoughts when a pillow whizzed by my face. “What the fuck!? I’m not even bothering you guys!” “Sorry Jiro, Bakugou knocked my pillow in your direction,” Kaminari apologized before a pillow hit him in the face. “Grow to fuck up and get ready so we can go eat!” Mina yelled, throwing the pillow back at Bakugou. “Fine,” He grumbled. After a little while we were all dressed and ready to go eat. “Where do you guys wanna go get breakfast at?” I asked. “Mmm let's go to Mcdonalds!” Kaminari replied. Everyone agreed and we were off. 

After we ate we headed straight for the location of the festival, Kaminari was dragging Sero and Shinshou by their hands excitedly ahead of us. Kirishima and Bakugou held hands, talking to each other while me and Mina walked silently behind them. “So,” I said awkwardly, breaking the silence, “what are you doing first when we get there?” “Probably follow the guys around and get polaroids. I gotta make sure I have one of Sero, Kaminari, and Shinshou offering the can of beans.” “Cool wanna check out the live bands with me later?” I asked, “Maybe you could get some good pictures from that.” “Oo! Good idea Jiro!” she smiled at me and it felt like my heart stopped. “Y-yeah no problem,” I said, smiling back at her.

“We’re here! We’re here!” Kaminari and Sero started yelling and jumping up and down excitedly. “Stand in front of the entrance you three, “Mina said, gesturing to Sero, Kaminari, and Shinshou, “I wanna get your picture!” She takes their picture and has Kirishima and Bakugou do the same before taking one of the whole squad together. “I’ll make copies for you guys when we get home,” She said putting the pictures in a box in her bag to keep them from getting crumbled. We headed into the rest of the festival following Kaminari, Sero, and Shinshou who were excitedly running for the mothman statue to offer their cans of beans. Mina chased after them, making sure to get good pictures of them and their can of beans. I laughed as they posed in ridiculous ways. “Come over here!” Mina yelled, waving me over. “Let's take some selfies too!”

We took some more pictures in various places before going to where the bands were set up. We joined the crowd and began to dance along to the music while the others went off and did their own things. “This is so much fun! I’m glad you joined us on the trip Jiro!” “Me too!” I yelled back blushing. 

Kaminaris POV-

After Mina took pictures with everyone at the entrance banner thing and the statue everyone split off into groups to look at stuff until we met up for lunch to go to the museum. (I’m literally getting all my information on this from the mothman festival website and I'm literally upset I can’t go) Then we would head back to the hotel and grab supper on the way back. 

“Hanta, Hito! Look!” I said excitedly pointing at the giant Michelin man from Ghostbusters. Some cosplayers stood near it taking pictures. People milled about in all shorts of cosplays ranging from Cryptids to Star Wars characters. My favorite though were probably the two people who came up to us and asked to get a picture with Hanta and his mothman cosplay dressed as Dib and Zim from Invader Zim. (couldn’t mention Mothman festival without mentioning my boi Agent Mothman aka Dib now could I?) Hanta agreed, flattered that they liked his cosplay enough to want to get pictures with him. They waved to us as they ran off. I shot Hanta a smile before grabbing his hand and dragging him and Hitoshi further into the Festival. 

“Hey lets get some lemonade,” Hitoshi said, gesturing towards a stand. I nodded in response before following him over to the stand. “Three lemonades please,” Hito said as he handed the vendor some cash. “Where to next?” He asked as we walked away. “Ooo how about over there!?” Hanta called out pointing to a group of vendors with art prints, figurines, pins and other merch. “Oo yes! Let's go!” I agreed, letting Hanta drag me and Hito towards the booths. 

“Oh my God, look! Mothman cat.” ‘Toshi said pointing wide eyed at a booth where there were stickers of little mothman cats. “Awww,” Me and Hanta replied in unison. ‘Toshi went over and got one, coming back with the cutest smile on his face as he showed it to me and Hanta. “This is lunar and I love them almost as much as I love you guys.” I blushed. “No you,” Stuttered out Hanta, his face red. We threw away our empty cups of lemonade and milled through the booths looking for cool stuff. Hanta found a framed moth and I got a beanie that had a mothman patch on it before we had to meet up with the others for lunch. 

We headed towards the statue since that was where we decided to meet up, since it was the easiest thing to find. We were a few yards away from it but still in sight with it since so many people were there while we waited. Surprisingly we were the first there before Bakugou and Kirishima showed up, and lastly Mina and Jiro. ‘What do you guys want to eat?” Mina Asked looking around at all the food places. “We have to go to The Mothman Diner at least once while we're here,” Hito suggested, I smiled. “Yeah we have to go!” I agreed. “Ok let's eat there then!” We headed off towards the restaurant excitedly. We had to wait a few minutes to get in due to how packed it was but once we got in it was great.

“What are you getting?” Hanta asked me as we looked at the menu. (I googled a menu but idk if it's the right one T^T) “Oo I want the ‘poltergeist’ Pizza bites.” “Same.” “That's lame, you're at the Mothman Diner, at the Mothman Festival and you're not going to get the Mothman Burger? Disgraceful.” Bakugou grumbled. “Fuck you,” I shot back. “Oo me too Bakubabe! It looks manly!” (bruh I think this is like the first time I’ve had my boi Kiri say the word manly omg) “Because it is shitty hair.” Soon the waiter came and everyone placed their orders, I yawned and rested my head on ‘Toshi's shoulder. He messed with my hair absent-mindedly as he scrolled on his phone, I smiled leaning into the touch. Hanta scooted closer and rested his head on mine while he talked to Jiro about some band they both listened to. 

Eventually our food came, we ate it and left. “To the museum!” Kirishima yelled excitedly and we all responded by yelling back before rushing off in the direction of the museum. We spent hours looking at all the memorabilia and reading the eyewitness accounts through-out the museum before heading to the gift shop for a while. Mina and me both got little mothman pillows and Bakugou got a bunch of the mothman hot sauces. I chuckled at his addiction to spicy foods. 

After awhile we left and went back to the hotel, picking up a pizza because it was getting late. “Dude we should watch that one Mothman movie on Netflix!” Hanta suggested. “Oo yes and the Invader Zim movie since Dibs online name is agent Mothman!” (Back at it with the IZ references lmso) Everyone agreed and snuggled up on one of the beds while Shinshou cast the netflix feed onto the tv so we had it on big screen. 

When the movies cut off we all got ready for bed, this time Hitoshi, Hanta and me would have to share the futon couch while Mina and Jiro got to sleep in the bed. The three of us curled up together as sleep began to fog our minds. I sleepily smiled, happy that I got to cuddle with the two best guys in the world.

A/N-
Hi again! Idk if you could tell but i really want to go to the mothman festival one day but it might be a long while so I'm currently living out my dream through my favorite squad lol. Also Tokoyami and Tsu might pop up in the next chapter because lets face it, Tokoyami would definetly be at the mothman festival and like i think itd be cute.

Anyways I hope your guys's 2021 has been good so far, I just started school again today so thats totally fun (note the intense sarcasm).

As always thank you so much for reading, it makes my day when I open up wattpad and see that someone has added my story to one of their reading lists, voted, or commented. I looked today and this story had like 3.6k reads and thats insane! I'm really greateful for eveyone thats stuck with this story even when I'm not the best at updating it it just really makes me happy that people are actually enjoying something I've made.

Thanks for reading,
~Ya_Boi_Flextape