c h a p t e r || 1

Chapter one.

"Let me go, mum... I can't breathe!"

I hear her sniffle and she releases me within seconds. Tears are running down her cheeks and I have to bite my lip so I don't start crying too. I'm kind of sensitive when it comes to crying. I hate when people cry.

"Bye, daddy" I hug my beloved father and even he got tears in the corner of his eyes, and my dad is a guy who doesn't share a tear in vain.

"Bye, pumpkin! Call us when you land"

I nod my head and give my big brother, Nathan, a hug before looking over at Troy. He seems to have inherited our mum's sensitivity, just as me, because he is crying too. He's only thirteen.
I give him a big hug and watch the clock again. 9. 21 Am. The flight will leave at 10.30 and I'm getting nervous that I will miss the plane, even though I know I won't.
My mother drags me into another hug.

"Mum, I have to go! I'll miss my flight"

Once again she lets me go and I grab my bag and turn around, still fighting the tears that are threatening to appear.
The bag I put on the conveyor belt and walk through the metal detector.
I really thought I would be more nervous, since this was the first time I would be flying on my own, but I'm just feeling excited. I've always wanted to go visit New York.
I walk into a boutique and buy myself a chocolate bar and a bottle of water before sitting down on a chair. Only an hour left.
Music is streaming through my headphones and I feel joy mentally lifting me up.
I was finally here!

"You can now board the flight to New York!"

I jump up, taking out my ticket from my bag and shows it to the girl by the disk. She wishes me a nice flight and I go through the corridor that leads to the plane.
My seat is by the window and I look out at the grey boring weather.
In twenty minutes we are moving backwards out on the runway. The loud noise of the engine making me want to cover my ears. Everything shakes when we are lift.
A middle age woman is sitting next to me. She's reading a gossip magazine and I can't help but read the article in the corner of my eye. It's about my favorite actress, Jennifer Aniston.

"You want to read?" she surprise me by asking and I feel myself blush up and I meet her eyes. She's smiling. "I got another magazine"

She pulls out one from her bag on the floor and hands it over to me. I take it, thanking her.

"My name is Fay!" she speaks American.

"Addie"

I open the magazine and we sit under silence for about a half an hour before we exchange magazines which takes another half hour.
We have an interesting discussion about what we've just read and I find out that Fay is amazing.
The old lady next to her is tossing sour glances at us, trying to get some sleep, but none of us cares. We are allowed to talk, aren't we?

I find out so much about Fay. She is working as an assistant to a very important person, Mr. Grey at a big music company - not remembering the name. She is 31 years old. She is engaged to her high school sweetheart, Pete. They live in New York, right next to Central Park and she has been visiting her sister in London.

"Where are you going? What are you doing?

"I will work as au pair for a family for six months"

"Oh, what fun! I actually did that too when I was in your age. But in France" She tells me stories which makes me laugh. Fay makes the time fly and soon the flight attendants tells us to put our seatbelts on because we are going to land soon.

I hate the feeling when a plane goes down in height. The annoying feeling when the ears get blocked. It's exactly what happens to me and I yawn a couple of times to get it away.
When we are safely on ground Fay turns around to face me.

"Here is my number if you would like to meet up some time!"

"Oh, thank you!" I say and take the note and putting it in my pocket.

OKAY, SO THIS IS MY NEWEST FANFIC AND I WASN''T GOING TO POST IT UNTIL A COUPLE OF WEEKS BUT I COULDN'T WAIT ANY LONGER.
I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!
VOTE AND COMMENT.
LOTS OF LOVE
XX