VII

Edward John Poynter- a day dream (1863)

Jin woke up to an empty bed. He sat up sheets pooling around his waist, the sun beaming through the curtains. The faith sound of a piano could be heard from the living room. Jeongguk was still there. Jin groaned as he got up from his bed, putting on a baggy shirt and stone washed jeans that were on the floor He looked out of the door frame to see the younger boy, on his piano. Jeonnguk had a soft smile on his face, his dainty fingers gliding across the ivory keys of the piano. Seokjin slowly walked up behind the younger and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder, which made him jump a little. cute.

"What do you think you're doing??" Seokjin asked, one eyebrow arched. Jeongguk chuckled and turned around to face the older

"I'm playing the piano, dummy".

Seokjin scoffed in offence.

"Yes...MY piano, Jeongguk, it's time you removed yourself from my apartment or I will personally remove you myself, also-

Jeongguk furrowed his eyebrows and stood up, face up close to the older's, Seokjin could see the little mole on his nose and how his dark doe eyes looked like little buttons up close.

"I'm not the one who kissed you first. It was all you. You also didn't get fingers up your ass so I don't think you ha-

"ENOUGH. I AM NOT THE ONE THAT HAD A KNIFE IN MY HAND. I ONLY KISSED YOU TO DISTRACT YOU AND I DIDN'T HAVE MY FINGERS UP YOUR ASS YOU PSYCHOPATH."

"What a wonderful technique Mr. Kim must try that the next time I get mugged!"

Jeongguk laughed at the older's flustered state and how his ears would turn bright red at the slightest profanity.

"Listen I think it's best if you leave you can't be here"

Just as Jeongguk was about to speak, they heard a knock on the door. Jeongguk's eyes widened and he grabbed Jin's arm and pulled him into the bedroom.

"Hey let go of me, what the f-"

Jeonnguk put his hand over the older's mouth and whispered in his ear.

"Hyung...can I tell you something??"

Seokjin could feel tingles through his spine from the warm sensation of the boy's breath on his ear.

Seokjin slowly nodded.

"We are a lot more alike than you think....." Jeongguk laughs lowly. "In fact I think it's almost like we're the same person". Jin could feel his ear's buzz and the sound of Jungkook whispering became inaudibly, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Metallic. He could smell it. The smell transported him back to when he was 16 and he found his Jeongguk  lying on the road drapped in crimson red. He looks down at his fingers, blood dripping down into the crevices of his palm. Three knocks at the door and a rattle of a door knob couldn't stop him from being transfixed on what lay before his eyes. Outstretched fingers reached towards the sunlight. Until it faded to black. "Seokjin? Hello??? it's me Namjoon, I was getting kind of worried when you stopped answering your phone a few days ago, have you been taking your medi- SEOKJIN!!!?" Namjoon raced to Seokjin's bedroom to seem him drapped in crimson red just like Jeongguk was.

"To be obsessed.... a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling. Seokjin aspired to be pianist because his Jeongguk always told he was talented. He was obsessed with being perfect for him. But most importantly he was obsessed with the idea that his first love Jeon Jeongguk was still alive.

_________________________________________

YUH.