22

Later that night, I found myself cuddled into a ball with my head leaning on Keiji's chest.

We couldn't decide on a movie to watch, so we just gave up on that idea. Keiji was on his phone, and I was looking over his shoulder as any overprotective girlfriend should.

I was quite bored, but I didn't want to bother him. It was enjoyable to just have him next to me, even if we weren't talking. I just imagined our last sleepover to be a bit more memorable.

Keiji sat upwards, pushing me off of the couch accidentally. 

"Ah!" I shouted, earning a panicked facial expression from Keiji. He lifted me off of the floor just as I had fallen onto it and placed me back on the couch, apologizing.

I giggled and leaned back on his shoulder. 

"Keiji," I calmly said, somewhat copying his way of speech.

"Hmm?" he replied.

"I don't want you to leave," I mumbled under my breath.

He smiled slightly and closed his eyes, tightening his grip around my body.

"I don't want to leave either, but it'll be okay. We'll stay in touch, I promise. I won't forget about you, y/n." 

"I know, I'm just scared," I buried my head into his chest, feeling his head rest on top of mine.

"It's okay," he whispered as he rubbed circles into my back. 

"Mhm," I closed my eyes. I felt a tear slip down my cheek and onto Keiji's lap.

We stayed in each other's arms for a long time, calming all of my emotions down. I would miss him so so much, and it hurt to think about it. 

I wanted to slow down the world, just for a moment. I wanted Keiji to hold me in his arms forever. I didn't want this to end, ever. But everything had an end. 

Just as quickly as it had started, it was over. Keiji was gonna fly off to university, leaving me alone. Yeah, I could text him, but that wasn't enough.

I wanted to hug him and kiss him and love him, but it was over.

Everything was over.