Chapter 18 - Au revoir, Paris

A/N: I apologize for the delay in updating I kinda lost motivation :) but I had some free time today so I figured id start to wrap this up so I can mark it as finished. this will be a short one but it needs a little filler so hope you enjoy! also thank you so much for 7k?? xo ____________________________________________________________________________

The next days went by in a flash and luckily nothing had changed in your dynamic between you and Spencer nor you and Emily. You were hopeful that things could stay the same but you did have some doubts in the back of your mind. All of those were quelled when you met up with Emily for breakfast the next day and nothing was out of place. 

Emily was good like that, she could easily separate her feelings from sex. You... not so much (as evidenced by your current situation). You envied people who could control their emotions like she could, but it also made you wonder if something made her this way, maybe her past trauma. She was never cold, she just knew how to keep herself in check and that to some people may come off in that way, though you knew she had a heart of gold. 

"Hey babe, where's my other sock?" Spencer asked, rummaging around in his bag and removing articles of clothing, placing them on the bed. 

"It's right there" you tell him, pointing to the sole green sock sitting on the dresser on the right of the bed. 

"Not that one" 

"But you're wearing the matching one right now?" 

"Y/n," he turns to look at you "You know I don't wear matching socks. It's bad luck" he tells you, turning back to his bag. 

"Oh, well exc-uuuu-se me" you sass playfully, him rolling his eyes at your fake attitude. 

It was cute that Spencer had these little rituals you didn't know about before you two got closer. You knew he put tons of sugar in his coffee, but after spending so much time with him these last two weeks you now knew it was exactly five (blech). He also had a habit of hogging the covers, which you never would have known before but find oddly charming now. 

"Yes!" he shouted, drumming his hands on the bedside table.

"Found it?" you ask, turning to look at him

"Yep!" he proudly announces, a large smile on his face. He bends over and slips on his other sock followed by his black converse. 

It was your last few hours in Paris and you were dreading leaving. As much as it felt like you had been here forever, it also went by way too quickly. You spent the days soaking up as much culture as you could and the nights in the arms of the man you love. Life couldn't get much better than this and now you had to go back to work. As if he could sense your dread, Spencer placed his hand on your shoulder and spoke up. 

"Penny for your thoughts"

"I'm just thinking about how sad I am to be leaving this place. I knew we would have to go back to work eventually I just didn't think it would come so quickly." you tell him, scooting back on the bed and leaning against the headboard. 

He got onto bed with you and mirrored your position on your left side, putting his hand over yours that was resting on your thigh. 

"I know, I'm sad we're leaving too. I can't say I didn't miss work though, and Hotch and JJ." he tells you, rubbing small circles in your hand. 

"Yeah, it'll be nice to see them, I just don't want anything to change"  

"What do you mean?" 

You ponder for a moment what you really mean. You didn't want your dynamic to change between you and Spencer. The bureau discourages interdepartmental relationships and you knew yours might not survive its policy. 

"I just mean, I don't want to lose what we have here. I don't want work to come between us and ruin this before we even get a real chance at it" you say, slightly above a whisper. 

"Y/N. Look at me." he says, using his pointer finger to lift your chin so you are eye to eye "I don't want anything to change either, and it won't. Nothing anyone did could make me love you any less." 

You smile and stare into his eyes for a moment more. 

"I still wish we didn't have to leave" 

"I know, me too. But you know what... I am grateful to Paris, but it is our time to go. Paris gave me you, and it can never take that away, no matter where we travel to." he beams, looking down at you lovingly. 

You truly hit the lottery with Spencer. He was sensitive and caring and wanted you for you. He was never the superficial type and knows that it's the connection you make not the attraction you have, though we had plenty of that as well. 

A knock at your hotel room door pulls you two out of your moment. You walk over and open it to reveal a very tired looking Derek.

"You two love birds ready to hit the airport?" he asks, holding a cup of coffee in his right hand and his cell phone in his left. 

"Yeah, just about" Spencer answers from behind you 

"What happened to you?" you ask him, motioning to his disheveled appearance and sunglasses indoors. 

"I had a little too much fun last night. Ever since Garcia taught me voulez-vous coucher avec moi I haven't gotten much sleep." he responds in a raspy voice, beginning to lean against the door frame taking another sip of his coffee. 

*A/N: it means "do you want to sleep with me" and if you know the song lady marmalade you already knew that and i love you*

You and Spencer both giggle upon hearing his reasoning and tell him you will be down soon to meet the others in the lobby to head to the airport. 

You continue to pack up your things, sneaking quick glances of a very concentrated Spencer holding his clothes so they fit in his bag perfectly. You finally finish and have checked every crevice to make sure none of your belongings have been left and place your bags by the door. You walk out onto the balcony to take a look at the Parisian streets one more time. You feel arms wrap around you from behind and Spencer places his head into the crook of your neck as you both stand in silence. 

"Au revoir, paris. It's been fun" you say

"Thank you for giving me, Y/N. I owe you one, Paris" Spencer says, and you giggle turning your head to give him a chaste kiss.