Part 1

You and Jeno had been childhood best friends. Y'all knew everything about each other, but one thing he didn't know was how you felt about him. You were in love with him, but he was in love with someone else. When y'all hung out, all he did was gush about how wonderful Luna was and how lucky he felt that she chose him. "Y/n, I think she might be the one," – the words were like the sharp part of an icicle straight into your heart, but he was so happy, so you didn't dare show your pain. "That's great, Jeno! It's about damn time somebody got you to settle down!" You chuckled as he playfully smacked you on the shoulder while giving you an eye smile, followed by a goofy laugh. "You're so dumb, y/n, you truly are. C'mon, let's go get some food."

As you and Jeno walked to the student dining area at your college, you noticed a group of the other NCT members sitting at a table, laughing loudly. "Hey, Jeno! Y/n! get y'alls asses over here, now!" It was Johnny - of course – jumping up and flagging us down. Normally, I was glad to have Jeno to myself, but under the circumstances, the longer I was alone with him, the higher my chances were of saying something stupid. We sat down and fist bumped all the members...except Jaehyun. He seemed cold towards us for some reason. I smiled and said hi to him, but all he did was nod his head in my direction and forced a smile.

Jeno began gushing about dumbass Luna and how he was thinking about making things official. "I know we've only been dating about a month, but she's perfect and I want to ask her to be my girlfriend." Hearing it the second time wasn't easier, but you managed to pull through like a pro and even add a "well, somebody has to put up with you!" You tried to hide the tears, and then noticed that when you made this remark, Jaehyun was looking at you, but his steely expression was gone. Instead, he looked a bit softer, and he may have even smiled. You're not too sure though because you were trying hard not to cry.

After lunch, it was time to get to class, but you had some time to spare. Everyone left, so you pulled out your laptop and began to do your homework. That's when Jaehyun came and sat next to you.

"Hi, y/n. Umm, I was wondering...are you okay? You seemed, idk, distracted?"

"Hey, Jaehyun. Yeah, I'm okay. Just some difficult stuff going on right now."

"Jeno, huh? You want to be in Luna's place, don't you?

"Haha, why would you say th..." and that's when it happened. The tears just flowed from your eyes and onto your notebook. Jaehyun came around to your side of the table, sat down next to you, pulled your hair off your face and asked if you wanted to go for a walk to get your mind off of Jeno and Luna.