Don't Get Attached

IMPORTANT!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!! READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!

I finally got an idea and your gonna love it!!! It's not really for a oneshot BUT it is a Sokeefe Human AU story andddddddddd...... dun dun dun!!! Enemies to lovers! Yay!!!

So this ⬇ is a snapshot of a tiny piece of what I'm thinking, so enjoy!

------------------------

Sophie hid in the dark corner of the ballroom, watching, waiting. She observed as the high and mighty from all over the world danced their fears away. Dukes and Duchesses from foreign countries toasted to new alliances and treaties. And above it all, the Sencen family, the leaders of this corrupt nation she spied on.

Lord Cassius sat upon his throne next to his wife, Gisela Sencen, and his son. The son's name was Keefe, according to her intel. He was sixteen, just like her, and devilishly handsome.

Suddenly she made the worst mistake of her life... eye contact. Their eyes met and he smirked, got up from his golden chair, and walked down the stairway to the dance floor.

"Oh shoot," Sophie murmured, turning around to find a way out, but there was none. Terrified, she turned back to see Keefe walking towards her, pushing his way through dozens of fangirls and coming to a stop right in front of her.

"Jolie Ruewen, is it?" he asked politely, a hint of a grin on his face.

"Uh, yes!" Sophie's coverup name was that of her adopted parents' deceased daughter. It was awkward and kind of gross, but it was easier then coming up with a new identity.

"Would you do me the honor of a dance?" Keefe held out his hand, a full fledged smirk prominent across his handsome features.

Don't get attached, a voice in her head warned her.

Sophie was about to deny him, but he took her hand anyway and swiftly pulled her to his side. Everyone cleared the dance floor and the couple swayed to a slow song.

"You are truly beautiful," he whispered.

Sophie blushed and looked down at herself. She wore a long red gown covered in jewels with elaborate lace designs throughout. It had cute off the shoulder straps and a sweetheart neckline. The shirt was so poofy, she kept tripping over it.

 The shirt was so poofy, she kept tripping over it

"You don't believe me," he said.

"Well I-"

"No need to explain. I know you're very self conscious of yourself, but there's no reason to be," he turned red slightly.

"How do you know that?" she asked curiously.

"I know everything about you," he leaned in closer and whispered in her ear, "Sophie Foster."

Sophie gasped and tried to escape Keefe's hold, maybe run and hide, but he held her tightly to his chest.

"You can't run. People will think something's wrong, and they'll start to suspect you. We can't have that, now can we? So just finish the dance, and we can talk later."

She growled. "You disgust me."

"I know! It's one of my most charming  qualities! Everyone can't help but hate me," he became somber and frowned slightly.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Maybe my life isn't as perfect as they all make it out to be," he grimaced, but then twirled her around, causing the crowd to cheer.

Don't get attached.

"How do you know me?" she asked, hoping to find out how he discovered her lie.

"Later. Right know you need to focus on not tripping on my feet for the 50th time," he smirked as Sophie did just that.

"But I want to kno-"

"Welp! This is the finale! I would shush if I were you," he advised. Then he twirled her around again and ended their dance by dipping her over low. Sophie tried to keep her arms from flailing, and somehow, miraculously, they obeyed.

The audience clapped, and Keefe lifted her up again. She jumped out of his arms and backed away quickly.

"My room, the balcony, midnight," was all she said as she stalked away.

Don't get attached.

Sophie had a terrible feeling she was about to break her rule.

----------------------

A/N: So yeah. This popped into my head one day and I wanted to write about it. I might turn this into a real story at some point. That was just a sneak peak of sorts.