Chapter 2

Ro winces as I kick the wall again, tears stinging my eyes. "Hunkey-"

"Don't. I don't need your pity," I say, walking away from the dang wall. I shake my head. "I'm going to go for a run." I pull off my senseless tunic. And with that, I walk out of my room.

"Is that every day now?" Ro calls, after me.

"You bet."

I take off my shoes when I arrive at my balcony. It's been four days since I confessed my feelings to Sophie.

She hasn't said a word, and I didn't either.

I run to the edge of the ocean water. I start running alongside the water cussing under my breath.

"Stupid, perfect, Fitz. Dumb, lame, life." I grunt and scrunch my eyebrows together as I pick up the pace. "Stupid bodyguard. Stupid father of the year." The salt of the water sting my eyes. I keep going. I cuss at random people who have nothing to do with the known situation.

I stop, panting to take a break. Beads of sweat glaze my eyebrows. I feel hot sweat running down my face onto my bare chest. I furiously kick the water. "STUPID ME!" I growl at my reflection.

I drop to my hands and start to do push-ups. "Fitz."

I grab some sand into my fists. "Life."

I scrunch my eyebrows tighter. "Dad."

"Stupid Mom." An inferno of anger swirls inside of me. I let out a steam of not so friendly words. I change my push-ups into planche push-ups. Sweat stings my eyes.

I jump to my feet, running.

I cover the sun with the palm of my hand. The anger still swirls inside of me but I keep running.

Just keep running. (A/N- swimming lol)

***

"Frick. What happened?" Ro asks when I come back inside my room.

"Sweat," I say, studying myself.

"Go take a shower. I could smell you a mile away," Ro says, looking at me for sympathetic eyes, probably for the first time.

"Whatever," I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling, covering the top of my head with my arm.

Someone knocks on the door before opening it. "Keefe?"

Fitz.

Not the best timing, pal.

"Not now, Mr. Perfect."

Fitz scowls at Ro. "I'm talking to Keefe. Not you."

I curse under my breath. By the looks of it, Sophie didn't tell Fitz. I straighten, sitting. "Yes?" Fitz's lips curve upward. I want to roll my eyes.

"I wanted to talk to you about..." Fitz walks forward sitting next to me. "Being my best man?"

"What the f-" Ro begins, getting up. (A/N Love you, Ro!)

I overlap, "WHAT!?" I jolt up as Ro steps outside my door.

"Uh, I... I just asked if you wanted to be my best-,"

"I'm going to stop you right there," I say, shaking my head. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah...?" Fitz asks, ambivalent.

I clutch my fists at my side, looking away. "Do you have any idea how hard it has been for me? And now you're asking me to be your best man in literally my cru- Sophie's wedding?"