Chapter One

"Georgie? You home? I'm back now!" I yell as I enter the lobby of George and Claire's. I close the front door. I don't get an answer, so obviously he isn't home. Perhaps he went out with mysister. She had to work but maybe he picked her of and they went to take some food. Heading upstairs to change my clothes I throw my keys onto the cardboard. I tend to throw the keys for the car too but then step back and put them on the board carefully. I know George would only kill me if the car itself would be damaged but I already feel bad because he lets me use it. I have to act respectfully with hist hings. As I reach my room and enter it, I fall down on my bed and let myself sink into it. It was a hard day at University but I wrote my last exam so I have time to relax now until my semester break is over and the whole horror starts over and over again. I can't believe that it has only been one year since I started. And though it has already been one year since I live here in San Francisco, Georgie has only now agreed to take me to his practice. But today's the day and I'm very nervous because I'm going to meet so many amazing people. It is already amazing to know George. Sure it's nice because he's famous but he is just the perfect man for my sister and he's one of the most adorable persons that I know. Verfying this thesis, he lets me live with him and my sister for the time I study here.

I get distracted by the sound of a car which is driving down the driveway. I take a look at the clock and realize that George said were leaving at half past fourand it's quarter past four so I should hurry up and get ready to leave. I change my exam outfit which consist of a sweatpants and an old shirt to a white skinny Jeans, a simple, black top and a Niners training jacket George gave to me. I can hear him entering the hallway and greet him with a loud "I'm upstairs. Ready in five!" I do not wait until he answers and head into the bathroom to fix up my hair and make up. I just put on a little bit concealer and mascara. Anything else would take too long and to be honest I'm just not good at applying anything else than Concealer and mascara. My hair is the bigger problem for sure, so I put it into two dutch braids. More or less happy with the result I go back into my room to grab my bag and my phone, put on a bit of perfume and then head down to the hallway. George isn't here but I notice his shoes he kicked carefree into the hallway. Therefore I know he is not waiting in the car already. I put on my white buffaloes and sit down on the stairs to wait for him. Sitting there I remember that I told Claire that I would text her when I'm home to tell her how my exam was so Itake out my phone and write a message.

Hi big sister, exams all done. I guess I might have passed them well but nah I don't know. Much more important things! Georgie is going to take me to practice in a few minutes! I'm sooo excited. See you later!

"You ready?" I hear George ask as he comes down the stairs. I nod and let him help me up. "So how did your exa-" he stops as he looks at me. "Hey, why did you style up like that? Just wanted me to feel ashamed cause I'm looking like that, huh?" George asks pointing at his tracksuit bottoms and his typical Joker shirt."I just wanted not to look like I haven't slept in a week, as I unfortunetly did. After you hid me for one year I want to impress the guys." I tell him. He rolls his eyes but nods. "You know I don't want you to hook up with one of the guys. You know I love them but they're not good enough for you. And most of them are ancient compared to you, little one. Just keep that in mind. In my experience half of the team will gather around you for the whole training." he states and I can tell he is concerned. It's a tiny little bit annoying that he always thinks that he has to protect me but most of all it's adorable because it feels like i've got a big brother in him. "You really think I would want to hook up with someone who lost the superbowl? I head for the big ones like Patrick Mahomes. You should know that." I tease him knowing that he gets pretty pissed off when I joke about THAT night. But he is reasonably fine with it by now. Georgie pretends to be offended and walks out the door with his head held high. "If you want to be with the big ones and not with losers like us, go and live with the Chiefs tight end. I bet Travis Kelce would love to have a ten year younger roommate, looking like you." he counters. "Thanks, Georgie. That's a huge compliment to me. But I love to live with you." I assure him and lean up to kiss his cheek as I reach the car, where he opens the door for me.

As we finally reach the stadium, I am very nervous. George always talks about his teammates but has never let me meet them. Since I live with them, he never invited someone but always went to their places. And he never took me to his games. Every time I asked him, he was telling me to focus on my studies. But I dont like to complain. Im absolutely thankful that he allowed me to live with them, so I dont feel like Ive got any right to question anything Georgie does. George guides me to the entrance and tells me to wait in the entrance hall til he changed clothes. For I know how long it takes til George gets out of the bathroom after he took a shower, I look out for a place to sit down while Im waiting. I take a seat on a comfortable armchair and let the atmosphere of this enormous place get an effect on me. Only a few minutes later George walks out of the corridor he left through before. Oh my God Georgie. Im so in love. Its so overwhelming to be here. I greet him. He looks around with a critical face. Youre excited to see our lobby? he asks with one eyebrow raised. Uhm, yes! Dont you feel this atmosphere? It makes me feel so important. George laughs at my enthusiasm. Wait til you see our canteen, little one. Youre going to be fascinated. He states sarcastically. I punch his shoulder. Dont make fun of me. Its not my fault that this is so special to me. You could have taken me to training in the first week I was here. Then, probably, I would be used to it by now. I accuse him slightly pouting. Okay, okay, Im sorry. I wont joke about you anymore. he caves in, raising his hands, ready to defend himself in case of following punches. Come on now. Im going to show you the real part of the stadium. And youre going to meet the team. They are very curious about you. he assures with a small wink. He leads me out of the lobby through a corridor to the inner stadium. As we step outside, I cant but stand still and try to absorb any small part of this big ass stadium. Wow, Georgie. I cant believe you did wait that long to show me. Its so unfair that you can see this every day. He turns around smiling at me. Yeah, Im really sorry for that but you had to focus on studying and with your enthusiasm for football there would have been no way you focused on studying when you met my team. he explained what we already discussed many times before. And remember. It was your sisters idea. he adds trying to appease me. Its absolutely okay. I could not be angry with you if you did not want me to meet your teammates at all. So, thank you. Youre the best Georgie. I hug him from the side, and he puts an arm around my shoulders. Anything for you little one. he says while he squeezes my shoulders. I pull away from him still with his arm around my shoulder and we make our way to the training grounds. As we walk towards the team, I feel my heart beating faster. George leans down to speak only to me. Dont you dare calling me Georgie in front of my teammates. Ill never take you here again. he threatens. I look up pretending to zip my mouth wherefore I earn a pleased smile of George.