40

it's fate, not you

it's fate, not you

"I'M SORRY, HAVE YOU COMPLETELY LOST YOUR MIND?" Athena looked at Stefan incredulously, her wide eyes shifting back and forth between her boyfriend and the woman who had nearly gotten her killed yesterday. "Did Elijah hit you in the head too hard?"

"Athena, just hear her out. She has information about the Originals," Stefan pleaded with Athena as she stormed into the living room, finding Damon sitting there with the same irritated look on his face that she was sure was on hers right now.

"Do you approve of getting information from the woman that tried to bargain me off to said Originals, or are you sane?"

Damon sighs, standing to pour himself a drink. "Oh, I'm definitely not sane, but I think it's reckless and stupid to get information from her."

Athena claps her hands together, turning to face an apologetic Stefan. "Never would I have thought there'd be a day where Damon is more sane than you, Stefan,"

"Listen," Rose steps forward, an understanding look in her eyes. "I don't know that much about them, and I don't know what's true and what's not true. That's the problem with this vampire crap. But Klaus, I know is real,"

Stefan's mind hums at the name and he briefly frowns at the odd sensation, unable to follow any sort of trail that would lead to a coherent explanation. Clearing his throat, he shakes his head. "Klaus is one of the Originals, from the first generation of vampires,"

Athena furrows her brows at Stefan but reluctantly looks to Rose. "Like Elijah?"

Thinking back to the situation at the abandoned house, she wondered just how much her mind was capable of, especially when it led her to undagger Elijah before they left. It had barely made sense in the moment and even if she wasn't trustful of Rose, she figured there had to be some sort of truth in her words.

"No," Rose sighs at Athena, her tense shoulders relaxing only a little bit. "Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He was a foot soldier, Klaus is the real deal,"

"Klaus is known to be the strongest," Stefan hid the confusion in his voice, hoping Athena would miss it entirely.

The goddess scoffs, looking at the three incredulously. "What, so not only is one of the oldest, strongest vampires in history coming to Mystic Falls to presumably kill me for harboring you, but you were going to sell me to him?"

"Yes,"

"No," Damon glares at Rose, who rolls her eyes. "Klaus isn't coming for you, at least not that we know of."

"He's coming for the doppelgänger,"

Athena scrunches her face up. "Which one?"

"Elena,"