I

Suga's POV:

I sighed quietly as I glanced at my arm. It shouldn't have surprised me that they hadn't drawn or written anything, but it was still somewhat annoying. Every day for the past four years I had been attempting to contact them, but they still had yet to respond. I grabbed a pen from my nightstand and began drawing on my left arm. By the time I was finished my entire shoulder was covered in flowers.

After examining them for a couple seconds to make sure they looked alright, or at least as good as they can when you're as bad at art as me, I got out of my bed and headed towards the kitchen. Upon arrival I opened the cupboard and took out a bowl and some cereal. I ate in silence, the light from the approaching sunrise flowing in from the window. Then, nearly making me drop my spook, I felt a slight burning sensation in my left hand. A feeling I hadn't felt in months.

I brought my hand up to my face and watched as the letters slowly appeared.

N-o-t-e t-o s-e-l-f

I sighed yet again.

This was the only thing my soulmate seemed to write on themselves. They made sure to mark it as note to self so I wouldn't get too excited... Or it was something like that, I wasn't really sure. My cereal bowl quickly emptied and my stomach filled, the burning feeling ceasing with my eating. I glanced at my hand again to look at the complete message.

Note To Self:
Practice receives with I-C

At least with these notes I had learned a couple things about my soulmate. They were right handed, they always wrote on their left hand. They liked volleyball and seemed to be pretty good. Besides that they were a complete mystery, even their gender.

I tried to ignore that they had written, just not to me, for the remainder of the time I spent getting ready, but my mind kept wandering back. Maybe they knew how annoying I was from my few times writing to them. Maybe they didn't like that I drew on myself. Maybe they didn't like the light lines...

In about ten minutes or so I was ready for the school. The wooden door made a somewhat satisfying noise as I opened it, revealing a carpeted hallway. From there I ended up at a staircase, quickly sliding down the banister, jumping off into the lobby.

"Mornin', Suga," Seto-sama, the doorman, said cheerily. He had a strange accent that I could never quite place. It sounded sort of American-ish I guess?

"Good morning," I responded, waving to him as I walked through the door. "Have a good day."

"I'll sure try," he said, chuckling lightly.

Seto-sama was one of my few friends. There was something about him unlike anyone I'd ever met. A small, sad grin found its way onto my lips as I made my way to school.

~ Time skip brought to you by the land of toaster stroodle, Gretchen would be proud ~

I made it to school in a few minutes, my apartment building not being that far away. I stepped through the gates with another sigh. It was rather early in the morning and all I wanted to do was curl up into my bed and cry.

"Hi, Suga," I heard Daichi say as I neared the gym, his voice breaking through my thoughts. "How're you?"

With that simple question I nearly broke down, but I somehow held it together. I wanted to say how I was really doing, but I didn't want to worry Daichi. So I slapped on my fake smile and responded: "Good, how're you?"

"I'm good," he stated, unlocking the gym as he did so.

And then, as what happened everyday, we heard the yelling of two freshman, both absolute idiots. I loved them anyway though, and it's not like they were any dumber than me. Daichi chuckled and my mouth formed into a convincing, yet fake, grin. A blur of black and orange shot past us, stopping abruptly at the doors to the gym.