Adorable

The air of the cabin was still, your surroundings almost eerily quiet as you flipped through the crisp pages of a new Cosmopolitan. What originally began as a quick trip to the grocery store for a gallon of milk and a carton of eggs ended with your attention being yanked towards a brightly-colored magazine cover.

15 Ways to "Blow" Your Man's Mind

You weren't usually one to purchase those kinds of raunchy prints, especially after being in such a comfortable marriage for so long. However, the memory of three weeks ago was still etched in your mind, the last time that you and Jim were more than cozy with one another.

"You look like sin on your knees like that," Hopper groaned above you, his thick fingers tangling into the dark locks of your hair as you smiled around the tip of his cock. "I can never get over how fucking good you are at this, fuck."

"Mmm," you moaned, pressing a gentle kiss to the underside of the head before looking up at him with doe-like eyes, confidence rising in your chest. "You like it when I suck your cock, Chief?"

His laughter cracked through the air, a chuckle emitting from his chest as he removed his hands from your hair, bringing them up to cover his now-reddened cheeks, "Oh my god, what?"

He began to heave with laughter, embarrassment filling up your stomach like bile. While you had never been one to talk with such vulgarity in the bedroom, you didn't think that your attempt in spicing things up would be met with such a reaction from your husband.

"What's wrong?" you asked meekly, crossing your arms over your exposed breasts in discomfort as you remained kneeling in between his legs, your eyes remaining downcast.

"It's just..." his laughter began to fade as he dropped his hands from his face, tilting his head down at you with a small smile. "You're too damn adorable."

"Adorable?" you spat, squinting your eyes before shaking your head with a scoff, muttering expletives under your breath as you rose to your feet.

"Oh, come on," he groaned, reaching his hands out in an attempt to grab your waist as you walked to retrieve your discarded clothes in a huff. "Baby-I was kidding. Please, come back up here."

"Fuck you and your blue balls," you smiled in fake politeness, shooting your middle finger in his direction as you retreated into the living room.

"Baby! Come on, I'm sorry!"

Since that night, the only fleeting actions of intimacy between the both of you were simple brushes of lips and warm embraces that drifted you both to sleep. It's not that it wasn't out of the ordinary, though. Since El came back from summer camp, the lack of privacy and fear of being caught made frequent sex impossible. Was this some sort of married life slump that you two found yourselves it? Were you destined to live the remainder of your life in a sexless marriage?

Maybe that was a tad over-dramatic, but the thought still played in the back of your mind. You loved Hopper so much that it hurt you sometimes, and, though you were having sex less frequently, you would still do anything for him.

So...what was the problem in trying to spice things up?

You jostled slightly when Hopper opened the front door, your attention distracted from the sound of his car pulling up to the house by the words in the magazine in your hands. You flustered, dropping the pamphlet on the floor before hastily picking it up, shoving it under the nearest couch cushion as Hopper began to remove his work boots by the door.