Chapter 1

"You come highly recommended, But I need to see it for myself. Prove that you can protect my most precious daughter."

The bodyguard smiled. Then she moved. Hands on desk, legs over desk. Before her client could blink again, the bodyguard had her arm around the woman's neck, and another arm locking hers around her back. 

"Move and I'll break your neck" she breathed into her ear as she pulled out her sleek blade from sheath on her thigh. Without hesitation, she threw it at the cushion on the couch in front of her client and it cut right through the middle. "With my bare hands" she finished.

"I'm not moving, I'm not moving. please don't kill me" her client begged.

"If i kill you, who's going to pay my salary?" stepping away from her client, the bodyguard returned to her seat and waited for her to regain her claim. 

When her breathing regained regularity , she looked at the petite, youthful woman in different light. Here sat the best bodyguard for her youngest daughter. One that would make her pay a steep price for doing so, but this bodyguard needed to be told one more thing before she sealed the deal. 

"The daughter you are going to be protecting is my youngest. She lost her father at a young age and because of that, I have tried to give her all i can. Now that she is grown up, she can be a little demanding. You must have the patience to handle her mood and temperament. Failure to do so will result in your contracts termination"

"Mrs. Griffin, with all due respect a spoiled princess' behaviour is well within my tolerance, but to do my job properly i must have permission to give your daughter the necessary advice and training to ensure her safety."

Her client's eyes twinkled when she mentioned 'necessary advice' and 'training'. "I see. Well if it has to do with her safety, by all means do what you must. I give you permission to do the necessary"

"Thank you Mrs. Griffin"

"Do you have any other requests or questions?"

"No Mrs. Griffin" 

Her client then pressed a button and instructed her secretary to send in the contract prepared by her lawyer. She entered the office with a folder in hand and placed a copy in front of both Mrs. Griffin and the bodyguard. Pen in hand, they signed on the dotted line and exchanged contracts. As soon as the second signature was down, Mrs. Griffin stood with eyes that twinkled like stars with secrets to tell. 

"You're officially hired, Ms. Woods do your job well. My daughters safety is in your hands."

"your daughter is in good hands Mrs. Griffin." The bodyguard smiled as she got up to leave. "There are no better hands than mine."

------

The bodyguard her father hired didn't look didn't look impressive at all. she was slim, a little taller than her, and looked like she had just got out of high school. Of all the bodyguards her mother had hired over the years, this girl must be the worst. Maybe her mother was getting old and losing her eye for quality. Maybe the supply of female bodyguards was running low and this girl was the only one left that nobody wanted to hire. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

"Clarkie--"

"Mom, I've told you a million times-- don't call me Clarkie."

"Alright, alright. Clarke it is." 

"Yes Clarke it is. Now" said Clarke, casting a glance at the bodyguard and looking away as she though she was something unpleasant to look at, "is she going to be my new bodyguard?" Wrinkling her nose, Clarke continued, "She's not much taller than me for a bodyguard, Are you sure she'll be able to protect me?"