03 : 𝖵𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌

Day 2.

The sun rose up the next morning only to unravel the horror of last night's outbreak. The school was quiet, so was the entire city; mayhaps the whole nation. Crashed cars, leaked pipes, litters of trash, torn human parts, smoke, and fire. The aftermath was devastating. Well, at least not for Y/N's colleagues.

They were all huddled to the floor, curled into fetus-like poses as they slept. Except for Taehyun and some other four. He hasn't slept all night. He was sitting on a chair, feet on top of a table as he stared into space, pondering about something. He looked agitated; one could tell from the way he pushes his dishevelled hair back and how harsh he pulls on his necktie from time to time. It seemed to them that they were used to the situation even though terror had just begun.

CRASH!

Everyone but Yeonjun jolted awake as metal grills seems to fall down from the ceiling followed by soft thuds and then a loud, dolphin-like shriek. Hyunjin, Y/N, Beomgyu, and Kai just came crashing down from the open vent over them. Their uniforms were stuffed with what seemed food and canned drinks.

"Help me up!" Kai whined, fallen helpless to a pile of chairs.

Hyunjin lent a hand while the other two proceeded to distribute what they've gathered. There was a smile of relief on each other's faces for they haven't eaten anything but snack bars for the past 12 hours or more.

"Where did you even get this?" Irene asked, unwrapping a sandwich.

"Oh, you know. Taehyun told us to follow our intuitions to the cafeteria. Worked smoothly." Beomgyu replied, handing Y/N a piece of bread.

"I hoarded my own." Y/N insisted.

"I thought you'd like it though." The guy frowned.

"Taehyun, come get yourself a sandwich." Seulgi called out to her brother.

Kai volunteered to waddle over and had his friend a piece. Taehyun silently took it, smiling stiffly. Felix and Hyunjin were already seated by the chalkboard, feasting on chips and cans of energy drinks. Soobin was munching on his cheese roll, eyelids half close due to sleepiness. Irene and Seulgi enjoyed their own sandwiches while opening the windows. Y/N was trying to dodge Beomgyu's attempts of feeding her his own share of breakfast. With all these, Yeonjun snorted and finally woke up.

"Good morning, little shit." Irene tossed him a snack.

It hit a sleepy Yeonjun on the head. He sat up, rubbing his one eye as he looked at everyone who stared back at him. His lips turned to a frown.

"What's good in the morning?"

"Everything," Y/N replied. "Until you woke up. Now eat your share otherwise you'll starve."

Yeonjun smirked, opening a crumply bag of buns. "So you care for me, huh?"

"No," she nonchalantly said. "I'm just trying to see how long you can last."

"Where did all of this come from anyway?"

"God knocked on the window at 4 AM to send them. So bless your food as you shall receive, goddamn it." Hyunjin rolled his eyes.

"Hell, you should've woke me up!" Felix chuckled. "I've always dreamed of stealing straight for cafeterias, mate. So unfair."

"Maybe we can go back for lunch," Kai suggested. "We still haven't gotten to the pantry either. I'm sure there's a lot for us to get by."