9

• • •

• • •

     The dance was cool. It was nicely decorated and at least this dance played good music. Everyone around us danced and was having fun while some teachers were chaperoning around the snack and drink area. The dances in Jersey were never this... extravagant. But then again, this is LA, so it's expected.

"Help me, my flower needs water!" Ali spoke, sticking her hand through the curtain. 

Daniel chuckled, sliding open the curtains. "You've come to the right place, stranger." 

"You two look great! Noelle, you look stunning!" Ali complimented, looking at my dress.

"Oh, thank you." I smiled, placing my hands at my stomach.

"I'm sensing... Cinderella?"

I shrugged, "Sure." Ali laughed as she began to talk to Daniel. I pointed to the drinks table, where Daniel nodded and I walked off into the dancing people. Who knew one holiday meant so many people. I got to the table where the witch's bowl of punch was smoking, the assumption being that this was the work of my chemistry teacher. I grabbed a cup and the spoon, serving myself some before walking to the side and sighing, letting my back hit the wall, crossing one arm over my stomach.

"A princess shouldn't be all alone." I heard. I turned my head, rolling my eyes as I saw Johnny dressed as a skeleton. Surprisingly alone. How would I know? Simple, his cocky voice that I've oddly grown used to. 

"Well, it's either this or being a third wheel," I answered, looking back to the moving shower. 

"It would've been so much more fun if you just agreed to come with me." He said, leaning on the wall next to me. 

I shook my head, "It would've been less fun." 

"And why's that?'

"Well, for starters, you have your minions following your every move," I spoke, referring to the skeleton that was coming this way. Johnny simply waved him off as I chuckled, taking a sip of the punch. "Secondly, you're a jerk, Johnny. I thought I made that part clear." 

"I'm only a jerk to your brother." 

"And why's that? That doesn't make it any better." I said to him.

Johnny sighed, "Why is it that you're so attached to your brother?"

"I mean, we were kind of in the womb together," I replied, raising an eyebrow. Johnny chuckled, "And he's been there for the worst of times too." 

"Was he? You had no other friends? I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't."

I rolled my eyes, "I had other friends." I said, looking back at him. "But I wasn't as close to them as I was to Daniel." 

"Hm." Johnny nodded, understanding what I was saying. "Okay then, nice talking to ya. I'll see you around, LaRusso." He told me, standing up off the wall. He walked off, finally leaving me in peace. I tossed away my now empty cup and walked back to the shower.