Chapter 2

"Hey Harley, what's up?" David said as I took out my books for first period out of my locker.

"Uh, hey David." I replied warily. David is the school player and he's been trying to take me out for weeks now, i'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that i'm the only 'do-able' girl he hasn't made out with yet. Coincidentally he also plays soccer, he thinks he's so good but the truth is, he's not.

"So I was thinking, you, me, the movies, tonight."

"Yeah sorry but tonight's not good for me." I made a fake sad face.

"Why, do you have plans?"

"No, I just don't want to."

"Whatever." He said as he walked towards his friends that were already laughing at him.

"Ok class, open up your books to page 217 and read the chapter, then answer the questions on the board." My teacher said.

About 10 minutes later the door opened and someone walked in, I couldn't see his face, only the back of his head but he was tall and had black, wavy hair. All the girls in the class looked at him with awe but I still couldn't see his face.

"Mr. Jag, you're late-" Before the teacher could finish, hunter threw a fifty dollar note on Mr. Johnson's desk.

"I couldn't find the class." He said smoothly.

"That's understandable, you can sit wherever there is an empty seat." Mr. Johnson replied, stuffing the money into his pocket. Hunter turned around and I could see his face clearly. His eyes were green but not as light as I had remembered them. A stray lock of hair hung in his face as he scanned the classroom. His eyes locked with mine and he raised his eyebrow before he gave me a hard glare and sat down at a desk. What's his problem?

I brushed off my thoughts and continued on with my work, occasionally looking towards Hunter's seat.

⚽️⚽️⚽️

"Hi sweetie, how was school?" Dad asked as I entered his study.

"Uneventful, but I did see Hunter."

"Oh that's great, how is he?"

"I wouldn't know, we didn't talk. When he looked at me, his face was very unfriendly, almost like he was mad at me for something, but he definitely remembers me." I told dad, leaving out the details of his amazing features.

"That is weird, maybe you should try talking to him, that kid's been through a lot you know, like you have."

"Ok, i'll try to be nice. Is it okay if I go down to the field and do some drill practice? I wanna practice for when I start coaching next week."

"Yeah sure, just don't be out too late."

"I won't." I said as I left my dad to do his work.

When I arrived at the soccer field, it was empty, just how I like it. I put in my airpods, turned on my music and started training.

 A black car pulled into the parking lot and someone got out. When I realized that someone was Hunter, I looked in the other direction and continued on with my drills like he wasn't there. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see him watching me for a second before he went to the other side of the field and did his drills.

I practiced my fancy throw-ins where I do a front hand spring and launch the ball across the field. I tried my best not to throw the ball too hard but I got ahead of my self and the ball travelled all the way into the goal on Hunter's side. Kill. Me. Now. Hunter looked at me and walked towards my ball, kicking it back to me swiftly. Well that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Five minutes later, I lay on the ground, out of breath. I stayed there, lifelessly, for a while, catching my breath. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the small breeze and the sun that was beginning to set.

"You good?" A voice said. I opened my eyes and Hunter was standing next to me with his eyebrow lifted, staring at me curiously.

"Uh, yeah." I stuttered as I sat up.

"You got good since the last time I saw you." He remarked, sitting down on the ground next to me.

"I was always good." I replied, surprised that he was talking to me now.

"That's very true, we carried our team throughout the whole season." He said as he watched the sunset. It was silent for a while before he looked back at me. "Sorry I didn't say hi at school, it was a dick move."

"It's fine, I didn't really notice." I lied. He nodded his head and just looked at me, as if studying my features.

As if by some miracle, dad called.

"Hey dad, everything okay?" I said as I answered, pressing the phone against my ear.

"Yeah, of course, I was just checking in on you, how's practice?"

"It's good, I think i'm finished." I glanced at Hunter, who was now on his phone.

"Ok, do you want to come home now, the restaurant is a little busy, do you mind if you just come in for a couple of hours to help out?"

"Yeah of course, I'll be home in ten but I need to shower, i'll be there in an hour."

"Ok, thanks sweetheart, I'm leaving now, i'll see you there, love you."

"Love you too dad." I said before ending the call. I got up from the ground.

"I have to go, see you at school." And I ran to get my bags before Hunter could reply. I looked back and saw him standing, following me with his eyes.

⚽️⚽️⚽️

"I'm here!" I said as I entered the restaurant.

"Finally," Nichole said. "We're drowning in customers, who eats at a restaurant on a Wednesday?" She added.

"It's probably because of the specials." I replied.

"Yeah, probably, can you take table 7?" I walked to table 7 and introduced myself as their server for tonight. I took their orders and sped walked to the kitchen to tell the chefs.

An hour later, Nichole asked me to take table 4, I looked through the crowd at the table to see the one and only, Hunter Jag with his mom and another man, maybe his mom's husband judging by how close she was sitting to him.

"Can you take this one, please?" I asked Nichole.

"Why, what's wrong?"

"He goes to my school, and we used to play soccer together when we were younger." I said, nodding in Hunter's direction.

"Oh, he is HOT, but I can't, I'm already serving table 3 and 6." She said before collecting her table's meals and walking over. I groaned in annoyance and walked over to the table. When I arrived at the table, Hunter looked up at me but didn't seem surprised.

"Hi, I'm Harley and i'll be your serve for tonight, are we ready to order?" I said nicely.

"Oh my! Harley Phoenix? It has been so long, how have you been hun?" Hunter's mom said as she stood up to hug me. "I'm so sorry about what happened to your mother, if you need anything i'm here ok?" She whispered in my ear.

"Thank you, Alice, that means a lot, i'm glad you're back." I said.

"Oh, this is my husband, Patrick, and you remember Hunter don't you?"

"Yeah, I saw him at school today, and at the soccer field." I answered. 

A/N: That's the end of chapter 2, the next chapter is gonna be good I promise, this chapter was just a build up.