He Gave Me Life

"Oh come on" Jin sighs, looking down at his watch and realizing that he only has five minutes to get to his final class.

So he starts to sprint through the many hallways of Miskatonic University, bumping into people and apologizing on the way. After he manages to get his breath back, he quickly swings the door open and walks into the room just in time before the bell rang. He sits down in his seat as the teacher Mr. Kim looks at him judgmently. After everyone was settled, Mr. Kim then begins the class session. The lesson they're mostly focusing on for the period is learning about the different parts of the human brain and all their functions. The lesson was easy enough that time moved by fairly quickly, but a class period with Mr. Kim can be unbearable to Jin mostly. Granted he does focus on the class work and has a high grade, it's just that Mr. Kim is so self-absorbed and always has the tendency to brag about how he became such a famous researcher, a tutor at Miskatonic, and how brilliant his invention of the laser drill is in the medical field (which in all honesty isn't that new or impressive). Its points like that when Jin just doesn't really give a shit and begins to tune out.

So his eyes are glued to the old white clock on the wall instead, watching the last few minutes tick by just so he can escape this bore of a class period. Finally when the clock ticked to three forty-five, the bell's ring echoed throughout the room. A quiet sigh of relief escapes Jin's lips, glad that the day is finally ending. As he gathers all of his materials, he notices the chancellor Mr. Sejin enters the room with a man who he's never seen around the university. He was very put together, wearing a suit and black aviator framed glasses. With everything gathered in his grasp, he started to head towards the door but was stopped.

"Mr. Kim, can you come over here and join me please" Mr. Sejin says politely.

Jin calmly walks up to him, curious about what he wants.

"Jin, this Yoongi Min, he's a new student at Miskatonic. I was just showing him the classes that he'll be attending. He was doing independent research in Japan with his tutor and older brother Dr. Min until he sadly died in hospital. Since you both are very intelligent and dedicated students, I believe you'll work splendidly together during your third year"

"Ah I see, what were you researching?" Jin asks the new student.

"Death" the man says bluntly, his expression calm but also intimidating.

"Oh Sejin, it's nice to see you at this part of the building" Mr. Kim chimes in as he walks up to the three men, setting his bag on the floor and putting on his coat.

"Well, I was just showing our new student here around the university" Sejin gestures to Yoongi "Mr. Min, this is our brilliant brain researcher Dr. Namjoon Kim"

Yoongi looks over at Namjoon, his eyes burning full of aggravation "I know your work quite well Dr. Kim. Your theories are simply just imitations of my brother's previous research from the early nineties. They're actually considered plagiarized in many places in Asia. And your support of the twelve minute limit on life in the brain stem after death…"

"Six to twelve minutes Mr.?" Namjoon interrupts, becoming slightly irritated.

"Min, Yoongi Min. Honestly Mr. Kim, your work is outdated" his voice terse and frank.

"Alright now, let us end on that note so we can start heading home" Sejin chimes in before the two men continue their intrusive discussion "which reminds me, do you still want to come over for dinner tonight Namjoon?"

"Oh course, I'm looking forward to it. And I'll be looking forward to seeing you in my class Mr. Min" the doctor responds, glaring at the smirking student before he picks up his bag and heads his way out.