Chapter 16 Another Chance

Chapter 16

(Aria's POV)

I was not ready to take on the challenge of going to Homecoming. It would just be a drag to go there. The only reason I'm going was my band. I couldn't let them down this time. I owe them a lot. They were the ones who cheered me up. Our music kept me sane. If it weren't for them I would be in some lone shit hole. Perry even insisted to be my date but I knew he was just being nice. He had his eye for this hot mexican girl at school. Plus, I would never be someone's 'pity date'. I still had my dignity and pride. I would rather go alone than take away Perry's happiness.

I sighed for a moment then I had decided to get on with it. So, I glammed up. I put on my usual make up which was smokey eyeshadows and plum lipstick. I added a bit more red blush and some hairspray to achieve the grunge look. I checked myself in the mirror and I was satisfied.

I strutted downstairs and tapped my brother Jake on the shoulders.

"Are you sure you're going to homecoming? You look like you're ready to suck blood." He laughed.

But before I could react Mom piped in. "Stop pestering with your sister."

I stuck my tongue out at him. Mom and dad also were mortified with my so-called homecoming fashion but they didn't push. I was relieved.

"So, mom can I use the car?" I pleaded.

"No honey, not alone. You're brother's gonna drive you or you want dad?" She eyed me.

I quickly responded. "Jake will do." Then, I dragged my brother out.

We arrived at school and told my brother to pick me up at around midnight. I didn't have plans to stay longer.

I went inside the gym and took notice that people stared at me. At first I got conscious but I remembered that I wouldn't let people affect me. I'm here to play with my band and hopefully make ammends with my bestfriend.

Speaking of which, I spotted her with Tyler.

"Wow, they're together again?"

That was a first. She never got back together with any guys before. I wondered what happened. Nevertheless, they looked good.

I sipped my punch while leaning against the wall. I surveyed the scene for a particular person. I hoped he would come. However, I doubted it. He's still disappointed in me.

Then, I heard a slap. It was Ericka. She slapped Tyler hard on the face. Apparently, Tyler was flirting with another girl while they were dancing.

"What a deusch!"

"You know talking to yourself is a first sign of mental disorder." Mark implied.

"Were you there the whole time?" I asked in annoyance.

"Hmm, sort of." He shrugged.

I wondered where this conversation could lead to because it was totally awkward.

"Where's your girlfriend?" I blurted.

"We broke up." He looked down on the floor. "She cheated on me."

I was taken a back by what he said.

"Karma's a b*tch." I said and turned away.

"I know, that's why I'm here." He said.