part. x

the part where they learn of the harvest ________________________

________________________

New Orleans, Louisiana
2013

Sitting in the living room of the compound, Winnie, Klaus, and Rebekah all listened as Sophie explained New Orleans witches to the Mikaelson siblings.

"I-I wasn't always an advocate for witches.. My sister was devoted, like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict- which drove me nuts.. The minute I turned twenty-one, I left the Quarter to travel.. And play.. I wanted to be a chef, so came back to Rousseau's. The elders called a vote. They were moving forward with the Harvest."

The looks on the Original siblings' faces were twisted with confusion as Winnie scoffed out, "What in the bloody hell is a Harvest?"

Sophie signed before explaining, avoiding the female hybrid's eyes all together.

"It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries so that we can bond to our ancestral magic, and it can be restored. We appease our ancestors, they keep our ancestral power flowing."

"And why haven't I heard of this?" Klaus snapped in question, glaring at the young witch.

"Because a Harvest always seemed like a myth.. A story passed on throughout generations- like Noah's Arc, or Jesus walking on water. Some people take it seriously, and some people don't.. They had girls of our community preparing for months! Four would be chosen for the Harvest." Sophie's eyes raked over the group sadly. "They said it was an honor- that they were special.. I thought it was a myth."

"And was it?" Rebekah asked the witch, who only gained a guilty frown as she looked down at her knees.

Winnie was about to ask more about the Harvest, when Klaus' phone rang.

"Marcel. Bit early in the day for you, isn't it?" Winnie's brother teased after answering the call, her blue eyes rolling as she heard the cocky vampire speak on the other end.

"I know, I make it look easy, but I still have an empire to run."

"Rather you than me. All that responsibility seems like such a bore."

"Well, this may spice things up." Winnie heard Marcel say. "I just heard about a bunch of dead witches put in the bayou. The kind of damage a werewolf can do- but there's no full moon.. I have an informant out there I need to meet. I would love for you to accompany me.."

Klaus smirked as he eyed his sister, who looked as if she wanted to rip out someones throat.

"Oh, why not? Haven't been out in the bayou in ages! I'm on my way."