Reasons

I can't promise you anything..

I don't want to..

'Cause promises tend to be broken..

-No Promises

- -

Win

"Why didn't you tell me?", my bestfriend asked me.

He was looking for me and insisted that we should meet since I didn't show up on their restaurant soft opening. I didn't think much of it, not until he came barging into my old dormitory room. I was taking the things that I have left behind before the new tenant moves in. The place was exclusive for university students only and I didn't fit the prerequisite anymore. I was required to vacate the space.

I've considered buying the land where the building stood so I could still stay there. I knew I was getting impulsive but I wanted to keep the room that held our memories. I wanted to be angry again. Fate was being sarcastic. They have already taken him away from me. Now, it wants to take away what I had left then it has decided to drop mementos on me.

"What's the use? It won't bring back what we used to be.", I shrugged at him as I placed a hand on the box Nong had left. 

Dean sighed and sat on the couch, "I could have at least been there for you

Dean sighed and sat on the couch, "I could have at least been there for you."

"You don't need to.", I told him as if it didn't really matter.

"I want to. Even if you don't. You're my friend. I want to by your side just like when you've been there for me.", he insisted.

I kept silent as I rapped my fingers on the box with contemplation. He was right. I was there for him whenever he went through a tough time. Specially, when he and Pharm had decided to take a rest from their relationship. Why shouldn't he be now for me? 

"Do you still want him back after what he did?", he asked. 

I didn't answer. We both know it already and we'll try to convince each other. I wasn't sure if I was ready for the conclusion on the possible discussion. I'd like to put it off as much as possible for the meantime.

"He left the things I gave him. I wonder what it means.", I drifted off with my thoughts.

He looked at the box as I opened it and took out the memorabilia. I laid them one by one on the bed. Remembering how we got it. Why I gave it. Where we went with it. What we did with it. They were fond and hateful memories. Part of me wanted to throw them away. But, I wouldn't have anything tangible anymore if I do. If I couldn't touch or lay my eyes on him once more, then these are the only things I would have left knowing that what we used to have was real. Were real.