Chapter 10. The 'M' Word

July 15, 2017. 8:00 PM.

"Hey, so this family reunion was awesome and all, but Nat and I have spaghetti on the stove that we need to go eat and we also have to clean the apartment tomorrow, right?" I ask.

"Yeah. We'd love to have you over for dinner and a movie sometime, just give us a heads up before you fly across the country for us." Nat smiles.

"Yeah. You two let us know when you're in the area." Tony smiles. "Hey, how're you two getting back to California? You need me to send some suits to fly you?"

"Crud! Yeah, that'd be best, thanks. I hope our apartment hasn't burned." I say.

"If it does, you can live with us in Dad's mansion!" Peter grins.

"Not compound?" I ask.

"Eh, needed to take a break from all the avenging stuff." Tony shrugs.

Then, two suits fly in.

"Well, we gotta go. Thanks for the ride." Nat smiles, getting into one suit.

I walk up to Stark and slap him across the face.

"That was for getting drunk." I say. "It won't happen again, right?"

"It won't, it won't. Besides, Peter here dumped everything."

"Stay safe!" I smile, walking into the suit left.

"Back at you!" Peter grins.

"Wow. That was different." I say, walking out of my suit.

"No kidding." Nat replies.

"You think Steve and the others are here yet?"

"No telling. What I do know is our food is probably cold."

"Ugh. Cold spaghetti." I frown.

"We have a microwave."

"Fair point."

We walk up the stairs to our apartment on the second floor and open our apartment door to find Steve, Bucky, and Sam on the couch watching tv.

"Sup, dudes." I say.

"Well, look who's finally home!" Sam smiles.

"Heh, we had an adventure." I say.

"Ooh! What kind?" Bucky asks.

"Well, let's reheat all the food and Lina can tell you all about it." Nat says, walking to the kitchen.

"Ok, spaghetti goes in the microwave." Nat directs.

"Bucky, can you use your metal arm to refract- crap, the sun's down. Never mind." I say.

"Spaghetti goes out of the microwave and in goes the sauce." Steve says, switching the two.

"I'll set the table." I say, walking to the cupboard where we keep our bowls.

Five bowls, five napkins, five forks, five drink glasses.

"Ok, what do you guys want to drink?" Bucky asks, opening the fridge.

"I'll have a lemon water. Bottom shelf in the door." I say.

"I'll have a Pepsi." Nat says.

"Water for me, Buck." Steve smiles.

"You guys have any orange juice?" Sam asks.

"Yes, they do!" Bucky smiles, pulling out the Pepsi, my water, and the orange juice.

"Yay!" Sam grins.