The Reunion Pt.1

Jessi’s POV

Being pregnant is great besides the morning sickness I get sometimes and the fact that the smells of the food I love, I hate.

Right now I am 4 months and I’m showing so that means that my clothes fit, but they fit tighter than usual and Jacob helps a lot.

But all in all pregnancy is great.

Saturday

Me and Jacob were laying in bed when he asked me a question.

“Hey Jessi?”

“Yeah”

“Why don’t you talk about your family?”

“Because they’re not important.”

“But I want to meet them. You met mine even though they were horrible, but I want to meet where my baby came from.”

“Aww that’s sweet, but no.”

“Ok, but I love you and I want to know your family. Please?”

“They wouldn’t want to see me.”

“Why not?”

“Because they stopped talking to me when I was with Richard and they probably hate me.”

“You’ll never know if you don’t go and see them.”

“Fine, I’ll call them but if they don’t want to see me then I’m not seeing them. Deal.”

“Deal.”

I called them and surprisingly they said that they were having a bar-b-que and they said that I and anyone who I invited could come.

They never asked me about Richard so I’m assuming that they don’t care.

“What did they say?”

“They invited me and whoever I invited to a bar-b-que.”

“Okay. This is good so when is it?”

“This afternoon and we have to be there by 4.”

“Okay, let’s get ready.”

We took a shower together and I just wore a sun dress and Jacob wore black jeans and a white t-shirt. After I told Jacob the address, he turned the gps on his phone.

We drove in a comfortable silence and we got there in 2 hours.

I guess I looked nervous because Jacob put his hand on my thigh and said, “I know you’re nervous, but this is going to be great.”

“I hope so”

When we walked in, I held onto his hand really tight because everybody started staring at us.

“Maybe we should go,” I said to Jacob.

“No,” He said and started walking.

“Hey Jessi.” I heard someone say and I turned around.

“Hi mom. This is Jacob.”

She looked at him and then at our hands and then back at me.

“So is this your boyfriend?”

“Yeah.”

“So no more Richard?”

“No. I left him a long time ago.”

“Oh well. That’s good, nice to meet you Jacob.” She shook his hand and gave me a hug then walked off.

“That was good. Right?” Jacob said.

“Umm I think so.”