{Chapter 14: Interhigh National Tournament}

-Interhigh National Tournament: Finals-

Itachiyama vs Inarizaki: 3rd set

22-23 - Inarizaki

"Ni~ce ser~ve, Mi~to!!!" the school section cheered as the band started to play.

It was our turn to serve as our captain made her way to the back of the court, ball in hand.

She did her serving routine just before the whistle blew which also silenced the band.

She placed the ball in front of her, tossing it up, running towards it and jumping before hitting the ball.

The yellow and blue ball flew to the other side, getting received by Itachiyama.

They've improved at receiving our serves...good for them...

I thought, observing who the setter was tossing to.

She didn't look at anyone, catching me off guard.

So she knows that I'm watching her...

I figured out, watching the ball get set to Kaneda.

But that won't change anything...

Kaneda then smirked as she looked towards the space on her right corner.

What?...It can't be...

My eyes widen at the sudden realisation as I saw the flash of yellow and blue going past me and landing in the corner, just inside the court.

The whistle blew as I watched the ball roll off to the side.

Looks like our corner shot was spat right back at us...

Itachiyama vs Inarizaki: 3rd set

23-23

So they've learned from our past game...

I thought, getting fired up for some reason.

"This is getting interesting" Haruko smirked, looking at the opponents.

"Indeed" I replied monotonously before walking back to my position.

It was Itachiyama's serve, the server bounced the ball around and did her serving routine before the whistle blew.

She tossed the ball up and hit it after she jumped, the ball flying directly towards Yuko as she received.

It ended up going to the other side.

"Sorry!!"

"Don't mind!!"

"Chance ball!!!" their Libero shouted, directing it to the setter.

The ball was set to Kaneda as she passed our blockers and went to spike in the corner.

Not this time..

I thought, quickly turning and diving for the ball before it hit the floor.

*click*

I rolled off to the side as I grimaced from the sudden pain.

I looked back at the court where Nakamura set to Haruko as she spiked it in the corner, returning the favour.

The ball bounced off to the side before the whistle blew.

I stood up, only to feel a jolt of pain going through my knee.

No...not yet...

I thought, shaking it off and running back to my place.