Battle for Batuu (Stormpilot)

Takes place in early 37ABY

They were out gunned, and out manned, the First Order had pushed the Resistance ranks further and further back. The only reason they hadn't been blasted to atoms from the sky was because Blue Squadron was keeping there star destroyer busy in space, but that could change at any time, any moment could be there last.

Poe wished he could be leading the pilots from the air, but being the General meant putting his soldiers needs before his desires, and right now that meant staying on the ground and let Lieutenant Fen lead from the sky.

Things were going bad on the surface of Batuu. The Resistance had been fighting just outside Black Spire Outpost for almost an entire lunar cycle, and they were losing ground and men by the day.

The only positives Poe could think of was that Finn was still alive and by his side, that the First Order had almost lost as many man as they did, and the two of Phasma's special soldiers had been activated during the fighting and survived to make it to the Resistance side where they were now fighting.

Despite both sides having significant casualties, the First Order had superior armour and fire power and therefore were the ones gaining ground. Poe's hopes to liberate Batuu where dropping every minute, and were replaced with the knowledge that the First Order wasn't taking Resistance prisoner.

A blaster bolt flying over his head snapped him out of his daze. He turned his head to face the droid in charge of statistics.

"Z.O.E.! How close are they know?"

"There front line is now only sixty point five meters away, Sir."

"And how is our air support status?"

"There is still no communication since the star destroyer arrived fourteen hours ago."

"We have got to take them out. Ok, give the order to the red battalion to advance to this location to try and sneak around and take out there reserve ammunition with the rest of our thermal charges."

Poe pointed at a the holochart, and the droid gave the order. Z.O.E. Just barely got the order out before the droid was blown up with an enemy explosion, the explosions force blew Poe to the ground five meters from where he had stood.

Everything went white, and Poe couldn't hear, he would have thought he was dead, if he wasn't in tremendous pain. Slowly a blur off colours, but his eye kits felt so heavy he couldn't keep them open. Than the sharp deafening ringing, and he that made him wish he was dead, it hurt so much. The pain in his left side only increased, as did the ringing in his ears. He couldn't make out individual sounds, just the mind splitting, nerfherding ringing.

Suddenly a gut wrenching pain was in his left side and even thought couldn't hear, he knew he screamed. He must have passed out for some amount of time because when he came too someone was holding his arm as well as desperately patting his face.

"Poe, Poe! You got to wake up, please wake up! Oh stars, don't let this be it. Poe, Poe!"

Poe's ears still rung, but he could now make out the voice of Commander Finn Shot, head of the Phasma squad and his greatest love. Poe desperately tried to open his eyes but couldn't. He did find though that he could speak.

"Finn?"

"Poe, thank you, oh thank you. Poe, they are advancing so fast, now, I saw the explosion and felt you go down."

"How bad is it?"

"How, it's bad, there's a long piece of debris impaling you. I don't know what-"

"Stop, I meant how bad is our side doing?"