Weasleys: Part 1

The next day Harriet was walking along the corridor quietly. The castle seemed so empty given the fact that a lot of the students had gone home for the Easter holidays. Harriet didn't want to disturb the peace. She took her usual route past Filch's office where she, almost always, met the Weasley twins.

She felt kind of bad for not hanging out with them more often but being in different year groups made that exceedingly difficult. That and they seemed to be trying to set a record for most detentions in half a school year.

"What did you do this time?" She asked cheerfully.

"We may have pulled something on Lockhart," Fred began.

"It was his own fault really." George added.

"Tell me about it!"Harriet grinned. This was bound to be good.

"Yes ma'am!" They said simultaneously.

The began to tell her about how Lockhart had given all those who hadn't known his favourite colour was lilac a 'D'. By the time they had finished describing his reaction to a bucket of every colored waterproof paint over his head, Harriet was almost in tears. She wished someone had recorded a video.

It was hard to believe that they were related to Weasel. The ingenuity they possessed was unmachted.

After the giggles had died down, Harriet took a deep breath.

"Can I take this as you two not thinking I'm the heir of Slytherin?" She asked hopefully.

"So that's what's on your mind!" Fred said.

"Is this because of that rumour started by Ronniekins?" George frowned, scrutinizing her as if trying to read her mind.

"It's gotten a bit out of hand, that's all." Harriet muttered, scuffing her shoe on the floor.

"Oh dear, I hoped no one would pay attention to the stupid comments he made." Fred rolled his eyes. "People these days. Don't think!"

"Think we knew that already, Fred," his twin gave a matching eyeroll. "Question is, how do we put a dampner on the current situation?"

"Only prefects or headboys and girls can theoretically do that. Least they can stomp out puplic discussions... I mean we can treat it like a joke to stop people taking it as seriously, but ultimately..."

"Not much we can do..."

"So, what now?" Harriet asked, hating how unsure she sounded.

"For now?" George looked at his brother.

"I'd say get on Percy's good side? I mean you're pretty much on the fence there..." Fred trailed off.

"Fact is," George continued, "If you're on his good side, he'll do his best to stamp out any negative rumours about you. He might be a bit of a pompous prat and a little insane when it comes to school, but he's a good friend to have. Just like you!"

"All we can really do is vouch for you."

Harriet's jaw dropped. "You'd do that?"

"Yeah!" Fred studied her for a second. "Are you always this suprised when someone has your back?"

"Didn't have a lot of friends before last year."

"C'mere!" George said dragging her into a bear hug, the kind only older brothers are experts in and Harriet was completely unfamilliar with. "You have the two of us, if nothing else."

"Yeah," Fred dragged her into another hug, "Anything troubling you, annoying you or scaring you - you can bring it to us. No matter what."

"Thank you!" She said, the words being muffled by shirt.