#001. 7 minutes in the afterlife

━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━━━━━━

( def stole ao3's layout bc i love it sm )

rating: general audiences
fandom: star wars
relationship: maximilian dupont/luke skywalker
additional tags: college/university au, seven minutes in heaven, their friends are menaces, tension is through the roof
stats ━━ published: 1/12/21 — word count: 1240 — parts: 1/1

━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━━━━━━

summary:
the one where college!marauderpilot
play seven minutes in heaven

━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐅𝐀𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐊𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆     despite the party having started only a mere twenty minutes ago. However, that was what probably happened when they were the most popular and abundant fraternity house to exist on the campus of Corellia State University. Music was pounding, pouring out of the speakers and making its way into the floor, the bass rattling through it. A group of friends took over the couch, all squeezed and meshed together on the cushions and two seated on the armrests, ten to be exact—Maximilian Dupont, Luke Kenobi, Leia Organa, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Xeric Venau, Akilla Maele, Stellon Leventis, and Zenovia and Zhenyr Vasilisa. How they all managed to fit on the couch, they didn't know, it was just all in the magic they all individually carried within them.

     "Let's go find a room!" Akilla yelled over the noise, cupping her hands around her mouth to magnify her voice so they could all hear her. All nodding, they got up off the couch to find a bedroom that wasn't occupied by strangers and lovers alike. Once they managed to find one, they all shuffled in and took up any sort of space they could since there were so many of them and the room was small. The noise was still thumping, coming up from the floor but they were all able to hear the other so it was an improvement.

     Zenovia had her signature mischievous glint in her eye when she looked around the room at her friends, the sparkle never dulling as her doe eyes passed over the lot of them. "I say," she started ominously, eyeing Maximilian and Luke who were sitting side by side on the bed, "we play seven minutes in the afterlife."

     They all suppressed the urge to groan but Maximilian was the only one to do it audibly. "We're not twelve, Nova," Maximilian argued, although he was the one that was up for these kinds of childish games. Zenovia had been giving him and Luke the same, strange look ever since they arrived to the party and he assumed it wasn't going away anytime soon until he caved.

     "Don't call me 'Nova', Maximilian," Zenovia sniped.

     "Don't call me 'Maximilian', Nova," the brunet returned with the same tone in his voice. As much as they were all friends, they were the two that fought the most for gods know what reason. Maximilian may have been the one to incite it for the most part but there had always been something to argue about. The latest thing? The moon landing being fake (but that was a story for another time).

    "So?" Zenovia piped up, "Are we playing?"

    Everyone looked at each other, studying their reactions. It all came down to a unanimous "yes" and a heavy sigh afterward.

    "Excellent." The ends of Zenovia's lips curled up into an almost sinister smile, similar to the one the Chesire Cat would wear when he was thinking of something devious. "Maximilian. Luke. Bathroom. Now."

    Both of their eyes widened when their names were called, mouths on the brink of gaping. It was a setup. It had to be. They didn't know where this was coming from, however, everyone else did. There had been a thing going on between Maximilian and Luke that they didn't want to admit because they swore up and down, to the cosmos and the underworld, that there was nothing going on between them. They had been dancing around each other and, frankly, it had begun to vex the other members of their friend group. So here they were, being marched out to the bathroom by Zenovia as though they were prisoners, the rest of them watching from the doorway. The two of them walked in, the door was shut, and Maximilian swore he heard a click on the other side of the door.

    "You guys have seven minutes so make the best of it and keep the lights off," Zenovia instructed before there was only the sound of her retreating footsteps.

    "Is this legal?" Maximilian questioned before going over to rattle the doorknob. Locked. It was definitely locked. "Wow. So this is happening."

    "We have," Luke started, checking his watch for the time, "approximately six minutes left to kill. What do we do?"

    "We can always wait it out and tell them we made out. Or. . ."

     "We're not making out, Milian," Luke was swift to shut the idea down, grateful that Maximilian couldn't see his face heating up at the thought.

    Maximilian sighed. "Well, we can't just stand here for six minutes."

    "Then what do you suggest we do?" Luke quipped, crossing his arms. Maximilian leaned away from the sink, taking a careful step forward as to not bump into anything. "I gave you a suggestion. And you shut it down."

    Luke went quiet then. Dropping his arms, he swallowed and took a step back, tripping over something and almost falling over until Maximilian caught him, luckily. They were chest to chest at this point, Luke craning his neck a bit to look at Maximilian despite the bathroom they were in being pitch black, minus the leak of light under the door. Their breathing synced up in the tiny room, engulfing and releasing air at the same time. It made them increasingly aware of how close they were, neither one making a move to back away.

    "How much time?" Maximilian asked, his voice a breath above a whisper. Luke checked his watch, the screen lighting up for a moment before disappearing. "Four minutes," he answered, turning back to look at Maximilian, his eyes straining to see the shape of him. The two were now aware of the tension that had been growing between them for months now with how close they were getting, thrumming up something close to lightning. Maximilian's hands were coming up around to cup Luke's face, Luke's hands were around Maximilian's waist, grabbing handfuls of his t-shirt, tugging him forward, and sealing the distance between them.

    "How much time?" Maximilian's voice was barely audible as he was leaning in and pressing a feather-light kiss to the base of Luke's neck and making his way up at a devestatingly slow pace. Luke drew in a sharp breath at the action, squirming a bit. Maximilian got up to his jaw, his lips quirking up into a smirk against his skin, relishing in the way it was heating up.

    "Thirty seconds," Luke responded breathlessly and with that, Maximilian kissed him fully, the way he deserved. Luke returned the kiss in response, taking his sweet time and expending it wisely. Hands were everywhere, crawling up and moving down before coming to rest where they were. Luke's arms wound around Maximilian's neck, pressing harder into the already searing kiss. At the very last second, when Maximilian was about to take it to second base, the door to the bathroom was opened and Zenovia was turning the light on, about to tell them that their time was up.

    Not even bothering to stop to look at her, Maximilian swatted Zenovia away before closing the door shut and smiling into the kiss. Zenovia stood there, smug, finally glad that the two finally got their shit together.

    Sooner or later, there was a PDA jar set up on the island in the apartment. Only a week passed when it was filled to the brim and there was enough to buy them dinner the following night.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 ..:*

side note: miss zenovia, mr zhenyr, and mr stellon all belong to my best girl, miss hope ( hippolytas ) and mr xeric and miss akilla belong to my other best girl, miss king ( vaderology ) !!
they're all part of a group called error 404 (or the 404s for short !)