04. preggers

"SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE!"

KURT INVITED JADE AND BRITTANY OVER TO HIS HOUSE FOR A LITTLE DANCE ROUTINE

KURT INVITED JADE AND BRITTANY OVER TO HIS HOUSE FOR A LITTLE DANCE ROUTINE. jade was a bit surprised that brittany was there with them. the blonde older girl was usually seen hanging out with the popular kids, not outsiders like jade and kurt. so it was kind of nice having someone like brittany pierce to hang out out of school.

right now, the three of them were dancing to beyonce's "single ladies." they all wore black leotards, which made jade a bit uncomfortable since she was insecure about her body.

as they dance, they didn't noticed kurt's dad, burt hummel, in the room of the basement, where they were dancing. he had no idea what his son or his were doing. it was a bit weird seeing his son dance to a song like this, but he didn't mind at all.

hearing the music stop, the three kids turned around to meet burt, how had a disapproving look on his face.

"dad!" kurt said, surprised to see his father come back from work so early. "you're home early."

still having a disapproving facial expression, burt nodded his head. "deadliest catch is on. what are you wearing?"

you see, the only people kurt had came out to was mercedes and jade. that meant that not even his father knew he was gay. he was planning on telling him, but he just didn't know how to. part of him was also scared.

"it's a unitard." kurt answered. "guys wear them to, uh, work out nowadays. do sports. they wick sweat from the body."

jade looked at her friend with a confused facial expression. not even she could believe the lie kurt just told his father. but at the same time, she knew he had to lie to him right now since she didn't know how burt would react to the news that his son is gay.

burt furrowed his eyebrows, not sure if he wanted to believe his son. he was a bit old, but he knew guys didn't wear leotards for sports.

jade seemed to notice this, so she decided to help out her friend. "football." she blurt out, receiving a look of thank you from kurt.

"yeah, all the guys in football wear them. they're jock chic." kurt explained.

"totally." brittany said, thinking everything the two kids were saying was true. "kurt's on the football team now. he's the kicker."

receiving a look of what have you've done from kurt and jade, brittany had no idea what she said wrong. "that's the smaller guy on the field, right?"