Chapter 8- The Guinea Pig

Y/n POV

It has been some weeks since our incident. Everything has been subtle. No problems so far. No attacks so far. Miles and I.................we're okay. I'm yet to test my invention. If it works, it will help me..... all of us actually, in catching those idiots. I'm kind of excited.

"Pete! Miles! Bring your butts in here now!" I called out to them.

After what felt like forever, they came.

"What's up? Anything interesting?"

"I don't know." I said and put the device on his and Peter's necks.

"Did you sniff some powder by mistake or something?" Peter asked playfully.

"No. I just got your microchip codes. Miles yours is A14EZQ821 and Pete, yours is YB66749Z3."

They looked at me in awe and then engulfed me in a tight hug.

"You're kidding. Now we can-"

"We can scan the lunatics' microchips. All we need is a guinea pig. That is going to be me." I cut Miles off excitedly.

"No. Absolutely not. You are not risking your life. Not again. You've done so much, why don't Peter and I take care of it from here?" Miles suggested although I knew where he was going with that.

I gave him the "inner tiger we all got from our moms" look.

"Okay. Or whatever you recommend. I think that's better." Miles said a bit scared.

"I'll step out and try and get them close to me since they are like my hugest fans and I'll be able to scan their chips without them knowing and we'll just trace them and deal with them."

"Sounds like a plan." Peter said.

UNKNOWN POV

Oh, thank you Y/n for so foolishly revealing your plan. We'll be waiting for you. You have no idea what you're in for. I snickered and left.

Y/n POV

Hours later, I was all dressed up and ready to execute the plan. Miles and Peter drove me to the nearest bus stop. From there, I walked to the supermarket where I was ambushed by them the last time. Hmmmm, no sign of mayhem. Strange. I started hearing movement around me. Rattling of trashcans, rolling of empty cans on the streets but it wasn't the regular thing. It was like someone was trying to lure me to something. To get my attention. I didn't know what it was but I looked behind me just in case and had my face being met by a balled fist.

Everything went black. Next thing I knew, I was on someone's back.

"Spiderman?"

No answer.

"Hello!"

No answer.

"Who are you?" I asked and started panicking.

"Shut up!" the person said in a raspy voice that startled me. The person put something in my face and the place went black again.

Next thing I knew...again....I was strapped to a chair with many sharp and pointy tools around me.

"Help!" I screamed.

I looked around and had an idea. I was going to call the Spidermen which would help them locate me.....if only I could reach my phone. I was wriggling in the chair trying to reach the phone. Shoot, they took it. I was tugging my hands from the chair hoping it would loosen the restraint. That did not work.

"Oh love, you aren't going anywhere. You're staying here with me.....with us. You'll help us whether you like it or not." Someone said and entered the room. A man in a black mask and black suit with camouflage highlights. He had a very fit body structure and posture. He actually was attractive. Ugh, that's disgusting.

"Never!"

"Okay then. Though you wouldn't mind if I test these tools on you for sharpness would you? You'd be the lucky guinea pig"

I gulped. "You need me. You wouldn't do that. Lay a finger on me and I'm not helping you whatsoever. You could torture me or even kill me. I am not helping you if you lay a finger on me!" I spat.

"Well played princess." The man said and began approaching me. Once he was in front of me, he grabbed my chin and moved my face to line up in front of his. 

"Fine. On that condition only. You fool, you die."

I spit in his face.

He grabbed a pocket knife from the nearest table and was about to strike me when someone spoke on the speakers.

"C, leave her alone. She's more worth alive than dead."

He then pushed my head aside and left.

MEANWHILE

MILES POV

"I don't like this, Pete. She should've been back by now. It has been five hours since she left. Do you think they did something to her? Her location is changing constantly. We need to search for her. NOW!" I said and sprang into action. Peter joined me.

"You love her. Why do you keep on denying that fact?" peter asked.

"I.........change of subject. I don't want to talk about this now. All I want to do now is get her back safe and in one piece."

All of a sudden, we received a message from an anonymous source in our earpieces.

"Help! These guys are evil. They want, *screams* to use *screams again*." Y/n screams. "Listen spiders, you have 24 hours. If you don't come, you'll never see your friend again. She's feisty. Stubborn. Maybe you can change her mind. Tick tock goes the clock. 24 hours."

And that was the end of the transmission.

"They sent a location. If we get there in 24 hours we can save her but now we need to go back, rest and plan on how we will do this. It's for the best." Peter advised.

"Okay." I said although I was burning with anger.

We headed home and started planning how we would extract Y/n safely.

"We'll get her." Peter assured me.

"I know." I replied and went to the conference room. 

Hi everyone, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Please stay safe, vote, follow and share this story with others. Tell me what you think. Lots of love.

-T