Shotaro - Yours?

All you could hear was the manic clack of your keyboard. Hurriedly typing anything that came to mind, hoping and praying that your professor wouldn't notice the lack of any real content in your paper. It was his fault really, listening to him drone on for an hour each day would make even the most dedicated Hermione-type student fall asleep, questioning why they ever came to college.

You were panicking as this was the last night to submit and your wifi had suddenly disappeared. You investigated the usual culprits, checking that the router was plugged in, turning your laptop's wifi on and off again and finally sitting statue still, fingers crossed remembering the time the wifi magically came back after a few minutes - this time, however that didn't happen.  

Finally, stressed and sweaty you knocked on your neighbours door asking them if they had wifi, to which they replied that they didn't before giving you a creepy once over and mumbling "but I know what we can do while we wait." To that you replied with a quick goodbye. 

Feeling as if you were running out of time you opted to check if the coffee shop down the street had wifi. You rushed passed your goggling neighbour and ran the short way to the coffee shop, laptop in hand. 

The coffee shop was quiet, only one other man was sitting down. You payed little attention to him as you rushed up to the barista, breathlessly asking them if they had wifi here. The barista seemed both scared and amused by the crazed look in your eyes, replying with a chuckle and a 'Yes ma'am we do, but you'll have to order something.' 

You felt a wave of relief rush over you, feeling as if God was finally looking down and giving you some pity. You gladly told the barista that you'd have whatever he gave you as long as you could have the wifi password. 

After the barista promised you he'd whip up the best hot chocolate you'd ever had, you sat down - readying yourself to finish your paper. Your focus would not be broken - not this time, not for anything.

Even as you made this vow to yourself, you could feel your eyes straying to where the lone man sat. He was wearing headphones, casually bopping his head to the music as he poured over a book. He was incredibly cute and very distracting, as you began thinking of scenarios that would end with you two walking out together. 

Cute boy must have sensed you staring at him, as his head turned self-consciously in your direction. Your eyes widened - your laptop suddenly became very interesting to you, hoping that if you looked enveloped in your work that he wouldn't think that you'd been eyeing him up. 

The barista wandered over to your table, placing down two cups - he looked you straight in the eye, "You seem like a responsible girl." He looked side to side anxiously, "I ate a brownie earlier and I'm starting to think that chocolate wasn't the only ingredient."

You nodded, feeling the paper you had to finish get pushed to the side - you had to help this obviously high man, it was your duty as a good Samaritan. 

"Now," He said, swiping some whip cream off the top of one of the mugs. "I'm going to go take a nap in the back and I'm thinking you could deliver that man - who's sat  all the way over there, his coffee." 

You nodded, trying your best not to freak out. He wanted you to deliver the young, cute man his coffee? Maybe you could sit down with him, have a little chat all in the name of good customer service. 

The barista clapped you on the back, "Thanks kid." You watched as he strolled to the back room before standing up shakily.

Grabbing the coffee mug you noticed the receipt under it, "Shotaro? I have a coffee for Shotaro?" You laughed, attempting your best barista impression as you walked over to the only other person left in the shop. 

The cute boy turned around obviously surprised by you shouting his name, he smiled and you couldn't help but notice how adorable he was - truly you wanted to wrap this boy up in a blanket and keep him protected from the world. 

He giggled, "I - I think that's mine?" He said laughing along, unsure of what to say. 

"Well," You smiled, placing the mug down beside his book. "I hope it's yours, if not I'm going to have to hunt down another Shotaro and force feed him this coffee." 

He smiled, shyly avoiding eye contact. He was quiet, but you were looking for any distraction from this paper and so you decided to befriend this shy, cute boy, or if not befriend at least annoy for the next few hours while you procrastinate your paper. 

"So, a coffee at 9'00pm. Do you have something against sleep or?" You tried to look casual as you slipped in to the seat across from him. As if talking to strangers was something you did often. 

He giggled, stretching his hands nervously out from his sweater, "I don't really have time to sleep." 

You leant in closer, "You're a busy man then." Shotaro nodded, looking at you curiously. "You're either on the run, or a workaholic." 

Shotaro shook his head, laughing again. "Maybe a little bit of both?" 

You swallowed feeling confused, was this cute man also a mysterious bad boy? "I'm going to need more details Mr. Shotaro." 

"Well," He smiled, looking into his coffee mug. "I have this - late night dance practice and, well I'm - I might be trying to stall." 

You laughed, taking a sip from your mug, "Ah, the workaholic is running away from his work?" 

Shotaro shrugged, his cheeks flushing. "It's just we have these, these evaluations and tonight they decide if I'm good enough to join -" Shotaro stopped suddenly, looking worried and as if he'd said too much. 

You smiled, pretending to be oblivious to the fact that he was training to be a Kpop idol - sometimes it was nice to be treated and listened to as if you were any other person. 

Shotaro hummed, clearing his throat. "So, it's just if I wait to go back, the longer I get to pretend that everything will be fine." 

Shotaro looked up at you, as if he were waiting for your opinion on this plan. You smirked teasingly, "I think I'd have to see your dancing before I can come to any conclusions." 

Shotaro laughed, hiding his face in his hands. "But," you said. "I don't think that's a very good plan, as much as I want to talk to you, I think you should take the risk and get evaluated." 

Shotaro's slid his hands down his face, just enough for you to be able to see his eyes. 

"I think, instead of being nervous you should channel all that energy into being confident." you stated firmly, pretending to know how to be inspiring. 

You shrugged, catching Shotaro's gaze, "I think you'll do amazing and I've just met you." 

Shotaro blushed, his eyes trailing downwards and resting on your hand that rested on the table.  

You smiled, suddenly wishing that you were better at speaking and motivating people. You were worried as silence encompassed the two of you but as Shotaro lightly brushed his hand against yours, you felt as if the silence was comforting. 

You smiled entwining your fingers with Shotaro's, he smiled softly, "Would you want to walk with me, in case I need more words of encouragement." 

You stood up confidently, forgetting all about the paper you had due. "Of course, I can't let talent like you go unrecognized. The world has to know about this talented cute boy." 

Shotaro blushed tugging you closer, "Sorry, did I hear you call me cute?" 

You mumbled some incoherent words before marching towards the door, tugging him along with you. "No time to clarify, we've got to get to a life changing evaluation."