Red Pants

L

"Just a little bit of your heaaart!" Louis sang along to the music, dusting highlighter along his sharp cheekbones and the tip of his nose. He pouted in the mirror, turning his face side to side, admiring the way his rose pink lipgloss sparkled and plumped his delicate lips. He dabbed once, though he'd never admit to that outside the privacy of his fairy light decorated room.

He threw the brush into his cup and went to his closet, flinging open the door. He took out his freshly ironed, tight red pants and shimmied them on over his black lacey panties. Then the white crop top with a tiny red heart on the chest pocket and black script stitched under reading, 'not a heartbreaker'. He tapped his chin as he made the final shoe decision. White toms or... the black stilettos with glitter scattered down the back of each heel? He'd already painted his toenails a pretty red last night but, his feet would be screaming in protest by the end of the school day.

"Fuck it, beauty is pain," he declared, slipping the heels on and posing in front of his full length mirror for a few selfies with the Valentine's Day filters on; hearts around his soft, feathered brown hair, then a white, cloudy heart across his chest. He posted them to instagram with a star emoji, smirking as the comments and likes came flooding in, boys and girls saying 'hmu baby' or his friends wishing him a happy v-day. Louis was gay and proud, a flamboyant little twink who hadn't found anyone worthy of him yet. Maybe today would be different.

He shrugged on a short black cardigan, leaving it open to show off his soft tan tummy. He put on his little leather backpack and strutted out the front door, calling out a 'goodbye' to his mom.

Louis touched up his gloss in the parking lot, then made a show of swaying his hips as he walked up the sidewalk to the front doors. It was his senior year and he had yet to go on any dates. Unaware that most people were too intimidated to ask, assuming he was way way out of their league, and the girls knowing he was gayer than rainbows and unicorns. Since he often made jokes like 'move I'm gay' or 'can I have your muffin I'm gay.'

He swung open his locker, waiting for his best friends Niall and Liam to meet him. He selected two textbooks, his glittery gold pen and a notebook, cramming them inside his impractical yet cute backpack. He was about to slam the locker shut when a small white card fluttered out, with a rose taped on the back. He raised an eyebrow, first glancing around to find who had left it. Seeing no one watching him, he bent to pick it up.

'Your eyes are blue
Your favorite pants are red
I'd really love to
Get you in my bed

Happy Valentine's Day, love
Sincerely, your future boyfriend x'

Louis giggled and blushed; he had a secret admirer! They seemed cheesy as hell, but he liked the confidence of the message, and the small red rose was lovely. He peeled off the tape and stuffed the stem inside his outermost pocket of his backpack because he wanted to admire it all day.

"What's that?" Niall asked, appearing by his side and pointing at the card. Louis leaned in for their hug.

"It seems I have a secret admirer," Louis mused, showing Niall the card. Niall smiled and shook his head.

"About damn time. You look hot by the way. Glad you went with the heels."

"Thanks Ni. Me too."

Liam showed up next, whistling and gesturing to Louis dramatically as if he were Vanna White presenting a grand prize on a game show. Louis did a delicate twirl and posed with a foot raised in the air behind him. Niall applauded. "My best friend is hot, so blessed." Liam asked about the flower, and Louis explained again.

"Do you think they'll expose their identity to you then?" Liam asked. Louis shrugged.

"I don't know. Hopefully. I need a man today. If it's a girl that would suck balls." They all laughed, then headed to homeroom when the bell rang.