"How's the headlines today?" (Kid Blink)

As requested by @conlonsqueen! Hope everyone enjoys! 

_______________________ 

"Annalies, you don't look so good, you should head home." Kid Blink whispered, kissing his beautiful girlfriend's forehead.

"I don't want to, he's going to yell at me again." The blond mumbled burying her face in the strong boy's chest.

"You've got a fever dear, you're burning up."

"Hm?" She was starting to drift off in Blink's arms.

"Shit." This was definitely not how he'd wanted this date to go. She'd had a sore throat and a cough for a few weeks and kept swearing it was getting better, it was nothing, just mold or allergies, or something. Well this definitely wasn't nothing anymore, she was burning up!

"Yo, Jack! Davey still here?" Blink came through the door of the Manhattan Lodging House looking panicked with his arms full of...a girl.

"Blink, who's this and what'd you do with her?" Race came over looking curious, cigar in hand.

"I didn't do nothing, she's sick and I don't know what to do." Blink's good eye was scanning the room looking for signs of David who he trusted to know what to do.

"She looks awful, just be careful not to catch it." Race took a puff off his cigar and went back to goading Snipeshooter into starting a game of poker.

Blink rolled his eyes, what a big help Race was.

"Dave! You here?" Panic was starting to rise in the blond's voice.

A frazzled looking David came around the corner looking a little disoriented. "Yeah, what do you need?" His voice was deeper than normal and Blink had to snort in amusement.

"She's burning up and suddenly fell asleep." Blink reported.

David felt her forehead and his eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Burning up is an understatement!"

"What should I do?"

"She have a home?"

"Yeah, but her dad ain't my biggest fan."

"I'll take her back then, say I found her around the corner. Where's she live?"

"Mayor's place."

"She's a maid at the mayor's?"

"No, She's the mayor's daughter."

David's jaw dropped. "Oh Shit."

"Did you just say a bad word Dave? You've been around Jack too much." Blink wanted to laugh, but a terrible cough wracking Annalies' body brought him back to what really matters. "Yeah, I know I'm in trouble, but she needs to get home, so please help me."

"Of course." David nodded his head and followed Blink back out into the dirty crowded streets of New York.

Once they got close to the Mayor's house that looked more like a palace to Blink, he handed Annalies over into David's arms. "Take good care of her." The boy whispered cradling her warm cheek in his palm and brushing his lips tenderly against her brow. "I'll be back soon." Blink kissed her forehead. He wasn't sure if she'd heard him, but that was irrelevant.

Blink lurked at the lightpost trying to catch any part of the conversation between David and whoever it was who opened the door but could hear nothing.

"So, what happened?" Blink practically attacked David as the walking mouth came towards him.

"The butler took her and had someone call for a doctor. He wanted to give me money for bringing her home, I told him no."