chapter fourteen

A/N: you might cry during this chapter cause I did while writing <3, also low-key proud of this chapter tehe. 

"How'd you get a prison transport van?"

"I'm a U.S. Marshal." Braeden scoffed.

As soon as everyone had heard the news about Scott and Kira, they had begun to prepare to return to La Iglesias. All except Max, who hadn't been to Mexico before, or so she thought. They all had gathered their needs and met up at Derek's loft to go over the plan. 

"Yeah, I thought that was just a cover..."

"Are we really bringing him?" Derek sighed, gesturing to Liam who stood next to Max.

"Are we really bringing him?" Stiles retorted, gesturing to Peter. 

Max hadn't been able to peel her eyes off of Peter since he arrived. He was the man who she had seen in her visions...At least she thought he was, she couldn't quite tell now that he was in his human form. Peter's eyes met with Max's prying ones and he flashed them blue at her and that's when Max realized.

"Are you okay?" Liam whispered to Max, as soon as he sensed a shift in her emotions. She slowly turned to look into his concerned eyes but her eyes flickered to Peter, who slightly shook his head with a sly smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine" She lied, convincingly.

"We're bringing everyone that we can. And, considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going."

"What does that mean?"

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?" Peter suggested.

"What, she wants to make him younger?"

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a Werewolf..."

"A Werewolf can't steal a True Alpha's power. But, maybe a Nagual Jaguar with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her...? Maybe she can" Peter said, "

"So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going..."

"We can't- not without Lydia." Stiles protested.

"If she has a car, she can catch up to us."

"No, what if something happened? What if she's in trouble?"

"Fine. You stay-- you find her. We're going on without you." Peter sighed.

"I could call Mason. He has a study group at the school. Maybe he could look for her?" Liam suggested.

"All right. Fine." Stiles gave in, "I need to be back there with Derek and Liam-- I've got some experience dealing with out-of-control teen wolves,"

"I'll come with you, in case you need help with Liam," Max said.

"Remember what we're dealing with- it's not just Kate, it's Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls... Do not assume there's any humanity left." Peter instructed, looking specifically at Max.

"Oh... This little one is terrified of them, aren't you?" Peter grinned at Liam, And this one... this one isn't afraid of anything, are you?" he asked directed to Max.

"Everyone's afraid of something. If you aren't afraid, you aren't human," Max deadpanned.

"Yes I suppose that's correct," Peter spoke thoughtfully, "Then again I'm not human, but you certainly are."