𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟷

He sat at his desk, bored out of his eye sockets.

Thats how every story starts off, right? The protagonist, impatiently waiting for the bell to ring so they could get out of that boring class. Once it does ring, they hastily shove their things into their bag and walk off, and bump into whatever it is. Whether that's the perfect girl/boy, the flyer on the notice board that will somehow change their life, or a mysterious corridor in the school that they've sworn has never been there before.

The possibilities are endless, really.

Well, this story started off with a diary, and an interesting interaction between two strangers.

diary/ˈdʌɪəri/noun
a book in which one keeps a daily record of events and experiences.

People would say your diary was a piece of trash, an extra weight to carry around.

All it was, was a small book with blank pages, but within all that, an entire universe.

And your diary, indeed, was your entire universe. Just you, a book and pen, and your thoughts.

Your dad left before you were born, leaving just you and your mom together.

She worked countless hours just to have a small plate of food for you on the table every night. You never really saw her - it was like you were living by yourself. Sometimes that plate of food never came.

A small paying job was something you were lucky to have. A job at the local cafe, so close you rode your bike to it everyday. Tiring, but you loved it. 

After hours, you would sit and write. 

You were smart. Scouted by some of the best schools in the country. You were forced to turn it down though, it was much too expensive. Even working everyday for limitless hours would not be enough.

Sometimes, when you were free, you would ride your bike to this special place. It was another one of those places where it was quiet, and you were able to be alone with your diary and thoughts.

The soft grass spread over the field, the wind lightly caressing the tips. A sprinkle of daisies would come during the spring, one of your favourite seasons. The bright moon, and the thousands of stars covering the sky illuminated the place, when you did go at night.

The park bench; the same one you had been sitting at day after day for so long you had lost count. You had memorized every curve, every line and every dip.

You had thought that nobody knew your special place, until you started to see a man, about the same age as you, from what you could see. He came wearing the same thing all the time, a green hoodie. His dirty blonde hair looked so soft, you just wished to run your hands through it. Freckles dusted his cheeks. His emerald green eyes were waiting for you to get lost in them.

Nobody had really caught your attention before. This man emitted a different energy. It was weird, but kind of settling, in a way? To say the least.

You, a hopeless romantic, longed for the day when you would meet 'the one'. You watched too many romantic movies and read too many love stories. 

You only wished your life was like what happened in most stories. Every boy encounter had your heart beating, each one faster than the last.

~~~

An afternoon spent in the field, you finished writing about your day, letting you just relax on the bench.

You sigh, then your eyes flitter over to mystery man, who happens to be looking at you too.

You finally get a full look at his beautiful face. His emerald eyes never looked any prettier. His hair, a tiny strand falling perfectly over one eye.

Breaking the silent interaction between you two, you get a call from your manager, asking you to cover Lily's shift. You never really liked her, to be honest. You reckoned she didn't deserve the job and she made terrible coffee. But, you agreed once you heard you would get paid more if you did.

Ending the call, you rode back home on your bike to get ready for your 4 o' clock shift.

~~~~~

dream pov

I drove to my happy place, hoping to see the girl there again. She was so beautiful and mysterious. I loved watching her, I could all day to be honest.

I sat in my usual spot in the field, the massive oak tree. Being successful was hard sometimes. You never got the privacy you wanted. People left and right trying to figure out every single detail about you. I guess the only thing I really kept to myself was my face. Here, I was able to just be with myself, even if it were only for 10 minutes. Those 10 minutes would be worth gold.

I've been coming here for as long as I could remember, but I only started seeing the girl until 5 months ago. Ever since then, I guess I've kind of been watching her? Not in a stalkish way, but in an admirable way.

She was just so beautiful, the way her hair fell from her shoulders and her back, her eyes...
my god her eyes.

She also always brought her diary with her. I wondered why it was so worn out. I longed to just pick it up and read it.

~~~~~

A day spent in my happy place, peacefully watching her write in her diary.

She soon finishes, and gently closes the cover of her diary and wraps the elastic around the book.

She relaxes on the park bench, the one she always sits on, and her eyes meet mine.

I finally get a good look at her attractive face.

For a split second, it was like it was just us two in our own little world. Our own little fantasy.

Though her face may be expressionless, just looking at her eyes I knew that she was so much more to what I was seeing just sitting here.

I wish I could read her diary. I want to know more about her.

She gets a phone call, breaking the eye contact.

I hear her words. 'I'm a little busy right now,' then her eyes light up. 'Okay, I'll be there!' she says.

I wonder where she's off to?

She gets up and rides off on her bike, leaving me more curious than ever.

I stand up to go and follow her, but then I see,

... she's left her diary on the bench!

I don't hesitate to run to where she's left it and pick it up.

And as soon as my fingers run over the old and worn out cover, it's like I was brought to another place.

My heart beats faster, just like how it did when we met eyes.

I clutched her diary and ran to my car, adrenaline pumping.

I drove home in a hurry, anxious but also excited to see what was waiting for me inside that world.

𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥!

but honestly i wouldn't trust my editing 

:)