Chapter 3

Weeks pass by. Jimin's fun to talk to. He never told me why he's here. We never talk about the hospital. Just about the birds and clouds.

Birds are so free. They roam the skies to their will. They can soar far above and watch the world from their vintage view. Children are like that. They are free too and don't have a care in the world.

Today the sky is pink. We had talked for a long time and it was becoming sunset.

"The sky is so beautiful." I said, smiling upwards.

"You are more beautiful." Jimin says, staring at me from his seat.

I blush slightly. "Ya! What are you saying?" I exclaim, slapping him lightly on his shoulder.

"It's true."

"Ya pabo! Are you blind? Tell me how I'm beautiful?" I questioned, amazed by what he's saying.

"The way you describe the sky. It's beautiful. The way your eyes shine as they reflect the clouds. The way your face brightens up when you laugh. You are beautiful Nari."

"Oh Jimin, stop it. You'll make me feel special."

"You are special Nari. You made me happy. I used to hate living like this. But I saw you sitting here one day and decided to see what it was that made you look so happy when looking at the sky. You taught me to love myself Nari."

I didn't know what to say. I looked over at his face. His eyes showed his sincerity...and something else too. But what was it?

"Nari...I love you." Jimin whispered.

My eyes widened in shock. His eyes showed love.

He moved closer and planted a gentle but firm kiss on my lips. So soft.