one

SEASON ONE,

EPISODE ONE

WORD COUNT : [ 6364 ]

──── ⋆✩⋆ ────

──── ⋆✩⋆ ────

THIS was it, the day she had been waiting so eagerly was already here and Mackenzie Shepherd was going to prove everyone how much she was capable of. Her internship at The Seattle Grace Hospital started today...and she was running late.

Damn it! Maybe going to that bar last night was not a good idea.

With her coat half on and a toast in her mouth, Mackenzie rushed to her car to finally head to her first day of job, leaving a mess on her apartment floor that she was sure will last for, at least, two days more.

•••

WALKING through the halls of the hospital, Mackenzie couldn't help but smile excitedly at the thought of what was coming up for her.

She has worked so hard the last few years in med school and now the reward had come: she had been accepted into the best teaching hospital in Washington. It's not just a matter of prove that she was no longer the dorky Mackenzie, but this is also the opportunity to do what she always wanted. You see, since she was a little girl, all she wanted was to be able to help people as much as possible, and although it hadn't been the first option, Mackenzie had found her way in Medicine.

She kept thinking about all that stuff until she found the hallway were all the new interns seemed to be. Mackenzie was glad to see a blonde woman approaching the door with the same panicked expression on her face. At least she wasn't the only one late. Giving each other a small smile, both women opened the door, where a bunch of interns were gathered gathered listening to the man in front of them speak.

The owner of the voice was none other than Richard Webber. A smiled appeared on Mackenzie's face, remembering how well her older brother had spoken about this man, and that made her excitement rise. She even remembered Derek mentioning something about a speech Dr. Webber gives, and it seemed like he was just starting it, which made the girl felt a little more relieved of not missing it.

"...A month ago you were in Med school being taught by Doctors. Today, you are the Doctors.The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you." By the last part, they were already inside of an OR.