S E V E N T E E N

January 7th, 2019

"Morning." Liv beams as Charlie sits beside her.

"Here you are." She grins, giving Liv the one thing she always asks for when Charlie goes to New York, which is a magnet for Liv to stick on her whiteboard.

"Who's are the gift bags?" Liv inquires as Charlie clears her throat, her head pounding from the lack of sleep she had last night.

"Max and Harvey's birthday presents, you know, their birthday was last week." Charlie says as Liv nods.

"Fair enough." Liv responds as Charlie puts her head down on the desk.

Once the bell rings, Charlie picks up her bag and puts it on her shoulder, picking up the twins' gifts before making her way to her first lesson where she was going to be surrounded by morons. As expected, her headache worsened throughout her double period of Dance, the boys in her class teasing her for being so out of it which wasn't usual for her. She walks outside when the bell for break sounds, breathing a sigh of relief as she and Liv make their way to the cafeteria where the boys would be. She sits down beside Max, Liv sat with Tom as usual.

"Here you go, Happy Belated Birthday." Charlie mumbles as she hands the twins their gifts, leaning her head on her boyfriend's shoulder. He presses a kiss to the top of her head before the two of them open it.

"See, this is why we're friends." Harvey laughs as he pulls out the Rip n Dip hoodie he wanted. Max pulls out the Rip n Dip jacket she'd bought him, a smile cast on both of their faces as Liv frowns.

"Charlie you look awful." Liv says as Charlie sighs.

"I feel awful." She responds as someone walks past her with a laugh. She picks her bag up off of the floor and rummages through it, grabbing two paracetamol from one of her zip pockets and taking them quickly before any teachers could see her.

"Thank you Charlie." Harvey grins as she looks at him. She smiles at him softly before leaning her head on Max's shoulder again, her headache growing worse with how loud the cafeteria was. When the bell rings, she and Liv make their way to Textiles where it is practically silent, the girl almost falling asleep at her desk.

"Charlie you look worse, like genuinely worse." Liv worries as Charlie shrugs.

"They won't send me home, it's no use even trying with them." Charlie responds as Liv sighs.

She went through her fourth period practically forcing herself to stay awake, somehow completely exhausted from doing hardly any work at all. She made her way to the cafeteria slowly, not bothering to get food like she usually would, plonking herself down beside Max.

"I want to go home." She mutters as Liv sighs.

"I already tried asking them to send you home, they won't." Liv replies.

"Maybe try eating something, will that not help?" Harvey suggests.

"Okay, no, we're going to the office." Liv huffs as Charlie groans.

"I'll see you later." Charlie kisses Max softly before she walks with Liv to the office.

"Oh my, yeah no, we'll get your dad to pick you up." The office lady says as Liv sits her down. She stays with Charlie until the bell goes, Liv having to leave her as she had a lesson. Charlie waits for her dad for another ten minutes before he shows up, Charlie sitting in the passenger seat of his car with her head leant against the door.

"We told you not to go in today." Jace says as she shushes him.

"I don't need a lecture, I just wanted to give the twins their present." Charlie replies softly.

"They could've come round later, Charlie." Jace sighs as he begins driving home.

"Well I went to school didn't I? I can't really afford a day off now, we're too close to exams." Charlie shrugs once more.

"You need to take care of yourself too, Charlie, exams aren't everything." Jace replies as they arrive home. Charlie leaves all of her stuff in the car and makes her way to the sofa, too tired to climb the stairs to get into bed. She falls asleep in a matter of seconds, Jace covering her over with a blanket as Parker lies down in front of her on the floor.

"She went out like a light." Jace laughs quietly as Elizabeth looks at him.

"At least she's asleep." Elizabeth sighs as she goes to the living room to see her daughter curled up into a ball. Elizabeth covers her over with another blanket, knowing Charlie was always cold and never warm, even if she was inside a hot house.

"She only went in to give her boyfriend her presents." Joey scoffs as his parents roll their eyes.

"Can you go back to work already?" Elizabeth complains as Jace laughs once more.

"Leave her alone, Joe, the boy must be special if she started actually doing something besides school work." Jace shrugs as Joey sighs.

"How's she got a boyfriend before I have a girlfriend?" Joey whines as his parents laugh.

"Alright, Joe, we're going shopping, don't wake her up or I'll probably kill you." Elizabeth warns as Joey nods.