[| • chapter 2 • |]

Murder Cases
Chapter Two

Third Person p.o.v

The plush brunette sat herself in her office desk chair, with a smile plastered on her face. She wanted to suppress her happiness, but as one of her many dreams coming true, she was unable to.
She set the file on her desk, eyeing the front. You probably thought; hey, Reese works for the literal FBI, of course she had investigated a murder before. Well, due to her multiple mental problems, she was only allowed to view or ask others about it. But recently, she got a letter saying it was A-OK for her to investigate.
Reese cracked open the file, the first thing greeting her being many photos of the victim and evidence.
Jolene Ryans was slim and tall, making her an easy target for a strong... man. Besides that, she had bright, curly blonde hair that reached her mid back. But the photos didn't look like Jolene at all.
The photos showed a woman tied to a wooden chair, restrained with duct tape. All her hair was buzzed off and she was much more... thicker than usual. More photos showed that her back had been teased somehow, there were multiple bruises and cuts trailing down her spine.
"That's.. brutal..." Reese spoke under her breath as she inspected the photos. From what she could see, Jolene was in a basement which was oddly kept in good condition. Nothing leaking, no rats, everything pristine and the best of quality. From that, Reese cut her choices down. The killer was probably male and had a good source of income.
Reese sighed, picking up her phone to check the time.
12:12pm.
Reese sighed, not knowing what to spend the extra 18 minutes left. She began to think about the night beforehand. 'That man...' She couldn't get him out of her head, all for the wrong reasons. She wanted to ask someone about him, but would that lead to suspicion? Imagine your house just gotten broken into, you get threatened, and with knowing the person is a wanted criminal. If she, herself, had been asked; 'Hey who is this person? They had broken into my house and I'm wondering what their name is,' she would most definitely be suspicious. Their name is clearly not the biggest thing to worry about, it's actually avoiding said person.
Reese sighed, collecting the contents of the file back together. She shimmied her way over to Ethan, tapping him on the shoulder to get his attention.
"Ah, Reese! You have any questions or comments? Concerns?" Ethan said with an off putting smile.
"A question, actually. Though, it doesn't have anything to do with the investigation." Reese replied, fidgeting with her fingers. "One of the men on the B.O.L.O.'s, do you by any chance know their name?"
Ethan raised an eyebrow out of suspicion. "Why do you ask? You don't seem like the kind of gal to worry about this stuff."
"Ah- No reason, I'm just curious."
"In that case, yes I do. Only the lanky murderer, though."
Reese flashed a grin. "Ah, and what's his name, can you tell me?"
"No." Ethan returned the smile before turning around and went back to whatever he was doing beforehand.
Reese stepped back with disappointment painted on her face. That wasn't the answer she wanted nor expected. She sighed and trudged back over to her desk to retrieve the file. She picked up her phone to check the time.
12:29pm
Her smile grew back as she got herself situated.
-
Reese was reluctantly by Ethan's side. She wanted to be on her own, but Ethan didn't allow that.
"Hey, the victim is at the house, right? Then why can't we just track down who the house belongs to?" Reese spoke up, turning her head to face Ethan.
Ethan chuckled. "I do believe that it's Jolene's house. Though, it's yet to be confirmed. I don't think the murderer would ever do that, having a body in their own basement to be found"
Reese pulled out the picture of the basement. "Jolene's house? That doesn't make any sense..." Reese mumbled. "The furniture is far from country artist furniture. She can afford way better than this," She held up the photo to show Ethan.
Ethan eyed the photo. "I do believe you have a point. But, again, no murderer is that idiotic." Reese looked back at the photo, inspecting it.

[736 words]
sorry it's so short, i wanted to get a part out as soon as i could
-tanner.