[1] Empress of Shadow

🚨WARNING!! This story will go in details regarding themes such as noncon, murder, gaslighting, child abuse, and gore

🚨WARNING!! This story will go in details regarding themes such as noncon, murder, gaslighting, child abuse, and gore. I am not sexualizing any of this (just so we are perfectly clear). If you go beyond this point, you agree to be exposed to these darker themes. Thank you and good luck reading.🚨

Also...welcome back! I'm recently getting back to the Black Clover fandom after a haitus of sorts. Hope you enjoy yet another Nozel story since I simp so hard for his lame-braid self (and you clearly also simp otherwise you wouldn't be here)

Reader POV (age 28)

It was a silent night when I heard the noise of thunder and rain.

My brother Nacht entered our small camp, annoyance in his blue eyes.

"Those damn Spade idiots are hurting their own people. Again."

"Yeah..." I stared down at the small necklace in my hands that held his ashes.

Nacht frowned. "You aren't thinking of him again, are you?"

I said nothing and he only got more annoyed.

"Stop it. You know it's just classic Nozel and the rest of those nobles." Nacht held out his hand for me to take. "Now come on, we're spies for a reason."

"You're right." I tucked the locket back into my shirt, buttoning up my cloak.

He and I fled out to the storm, traveling through the shadows with the notion of life in the back of our minds.

We were from the Clover Kingdom and siblings of the commoner family of House Faust, assigned by Wizard King Julius Novochrono to spy on the Spade kingdom.

Rain pelted us as we slipped through the shadows, our eyes glowing with power and determination to complete our goal.

Nacht noticed how I was still tense and he grabbed my hand, silently offering his condolences as today was his deathdate.

"Don't worry," he said. "Your son is watching you with pride right now."

I didn't speak nor nod my head.

My son would've been six today.

If it hadn't been for what his father Nozel Silva did to me.

And that secret is what changed me completely and that was the day I swore never to step in the Clover Kingdom ever again.