[3] I Hate You.

🚨VERY INTENSE CHAPTER AHEAD🚨

Double update!

Nozel POV (age 29, present)

It was hard to believe that she was back.

I knew I wanted to see her again, to hold her in my arms once more.

But I could tell she wanted nothing to do with me.

And I honestly didn't blame her.

I was still in the library, sitting on her bed and just thinking.

I heard her and the captain of the Blue Rose Knights talking, their laughter reaching my ears.

Yesterday was my birthday.

But it was also the sixth anniversary of my son's death.

I closed my eyes, trying to supress the pain and the hurt.

But it's nowhere near as much pain as I put her through.

"Say, (y/n)? What's going on with you and Nozel?"

I stood up and listend closer, gripping my shirt.

(y/n) hesitated to answer and I walked over to where they were seated, hidden behind a bookcase.

"Well, nothing honestly."

"Come on, you and I both know that's not true. I heard from Solid you and Nozel got into a huge fight six years ago. It's no coincidence that you left that day and haven't been back."

I listened more, curious to know why she left so suddenly.

(y/n) looked around and lowered her voice. "Don't you dare tell anyone of this, Charlotte."

"You have my word."

(y/n) nodded slowly. "I've been spying on the Spade kingdom."

"What?!"

"You heard me." (y/n) took a sip of her tea, placing it on a table that was defying gravity. "I decided to risk my life for this kingdom."

"Hey, that reminds me. Why do you hate it here so much?"

I saw (y/n)'s eyes flash with emotion. "You know why, Charlotte."

She fell silent and the blonde nodded, patting her shoulder with sympathy.

"I suppose, but why did he do what he did?"

"I don't know. If I knew why Shielo did that, I wouldn't have ever stayed here for as long as I did. This kingdom...as much as I'd miss my few trusted friends, there's things I won't miss."

"Oh? Who wouldn't you miss?"

"That braid-face Nozel takes the cake. Then Nebra, the stupid king, and others. I really hate the way they treat lower-class citizens."