Part 11

11

"You took an oath, Doctor. You save life. That means you can't take life," Colonel Amang said again.

Mo Yeon smiled, her eyes glinted mysteriously. "Who said I'm taking life, Colonel," she said eerily, causing Si Jin to look at her in awe.

Mo Yeon was like a goddess.

Beautiful and yet, powerful.

Her eyes didn't falter when she said, "I'm saving his."

None of the men said anything before the Colonel chuckled and Si Jin saw the opportunity for him to free himself.

He kicked the Colonel's waist, causing his opponent yelped in pain. He kicked again and Colonel Amang fell from his previous position which was on top of him. Si Jin easily rose from his position by standing in front of Mo Yeon, shielding her, and taking the gun from the doctor's hand, pointing it to the North Urk second-in-command. The Colonel only laughed while coughing.

"You don't play fair, Soldier. You can see I'm unarmed."

Si Jin hesitated.

"Don't listen to him," Mo Yeon said. "He wants to provoke you."

The Major smiled slightly. He shouldn't underestimate his wife. She was indeed his reliable comrade. "I know he does, but our fight isn't over."

"What do you mean it isn't over? Why don't you look at yourself? You're not in better condition than him," Mo Yeon said with her doctor voice and Si Jin understood what his wife meant. He had bruise and several cuts on his face, just like the Colonel.

"Just trust me."

"The last time you said those words, I had to make Sergeant Seo gave his gun to me."

"So, this gun is Sergeant Seo's?" Si Jin raised his eyebrows while tilted his head to the gun on his hand.

"Umm...yes?"

"How could Sergeant Seo gave his gun to you?"

"Is that important for this moment?"

"Enough talking!" Suddenly, the Colonel shouted. "Not all of us can understand Korean." He stared at Si Jin. "Last fight, Soldier."

Si Jin gave the gun to Mo Yeon without looking at her and nodded.

"Big Boss!" The doctor called Si Jin with his call-sign, just like he did to her before.

Si Jin smiled. "You can shoot him if I you want to."

Mo Yeon narrowed her eyes. "I really hate your guts."

The Major smiled affectionatelly. "And I really love your guts. I will express my gratitude later."

"What?"

Si Jin didn't answer his wife, only stepped forward to the Colonel. Knowing his wife was safe with a gun on her hand, the Major felt relief and also confident. He didn't need to worry about her.

This was his real fight.

"Let's do this," Si Jin said.

"I'm going to kill you when this is over," Mo Yeon muttered, causing Si Jin to smile slightly.

Once again, Si Jin and the Colonel stood face to face before the latter started to attack. The difference between the previous fight and this fight were how Si Jin felt. He saw his wife's bravery for saving his life, causing him wanted to do the same for her.