Fitting

July 26th, 2023

"Okay, so... This is the last fitting and everything is perfect so I don't want to hear anything bad about the dress!" Emily yelled from behind the curtains as all her bridesmaids sat in sofas in front of it, in their — royal blue — dresses, just waiting for her to come out. "I just want good feedback, so if you have any nasty opinions, keep them to yourselves. And, yes, that means you, Lopez!"

"Fine, stop with the drama." Santana called back with a smile. "Just get on with it. I want to see it again."

And so, Emily pulled open the curtains and stood there with a smile as she waited for the reactions. As soon as the girls saw her, they all gasped all of the admiring the way the long, flowy, white dress hugged her body perfectly, showing off all her right assets and making the beautiful woman that was Emily Marshall look even more goddess-like, especially now that she had gone all the way to pin her hair up the way she'd be wearing it on her big day.

"Oh, my God..." Tina mumbled, a pout already forming in her lips they wobbled a bit. "You look so beautiful..."

"Oh, no, no, no, Cohen-Crazy. No crying." Emily chuckled, her own eyes watering already. "Because if you start, I will too and we don't need that, huh?"

"You're right." Tina sniffled, as everyone laughed at the ever so emotional girl. "Sorry."

"Oh, Queen T... Come here." Mercedes laughed at her friends as she pulled the woman into her arms to allow her to cry on her shoulders. Running a hand through Tina's hair, Mercedes then turned to look at Emily. "You look hot, Em. Sam won't even know what hit him when he sees you."

"You think?" She asked, turning around for a second to take a look at herself in the mirror for a second before turning back to look at the girls.

"Are you joking?" Santana scoffed. "You could walk down that isle dressed in a sack of potatoes and Trouts would still kill for you."

"True." Kitty agreed, smirking a bit as she looked Emily up and down. "It's kind of sickening how much he simps for you."

Santana hummed in agreement then, before widening her eyes a bit when she heard Natalie giggling and turning to look at her, only to remember no one other than Mary Evans was sitting right there beside Emily's mom.

"And we mean that in the most respectful way possible, Mrs. Evans." Santana said, as everyone chuckled.

Mary wasn't even offended, though. To be fair, she wasn't even listening. Instead, she was just focused on trying not to cry as she saw, for the first time, Emily in her dress, only seven days before being, officially, welcomed into her family. And honestly, she was so glad it was her that she would be having as a daughter-in-law because, not only did Mary know for a fact, she cared for and loved her oldest son deeply, she was also an amazing woman who never once hesitated before jumping into an opportunity to help her or her husband or Stacy or Stevie; always more than happy to go out of her way to make sure that her family was safe and happy purely because she knew how much they meant for Sam, in the first place.

Mary's silence had, apparently, been interpreted in the wrong way because suddenly, Emily was panicking again.

"Mary?" She called gently, trying to remain calm and not to burst into tears already. "Did you... I mean, the dress? Did you like it?"

"Oh, honey..." Mary cooed then, getting up from her seat as she picked up a box from beside her before walking up to the young woman. "You look incredible."

"Oh, thank God..." She mumbled under her breath as everyone chuckled. "So, hum... It's approved, then?"

"Of course it is." Mary chuckled. "It's beautiful, and you look stunning in it. I was just... I've been wondering. And it's totally fine if you don't want to. Don't feel obligated to say yes. But I... I mean, you kind of need something borrowed for the wedding, right?"