Reunion

The trip to Faerie was short. Not that it was technically Faerie. The cottage was simple, nothing too elaborate despite it being the lodging place of the unseelie king. It carried with it the natural beauty that much of Faerie possessed, with trellises of vines cradling the shutters and wildflowers growing along the pathway that lead to the heavy oak wood door. This was the best option for all of them; there would be no time slippage for the mortals and their boyfriend could stay close to his kingdom.

Mark and Christina walked hand in hand, radiant smiles beaming off of both of them. It had been far too long since they last saw their king, their hunter. It was nearly dusk, the sun resting just above the treeline casting a dim light over everything as if to emphasise the beauty of a world between worlds. The beauty between mortality and eternity.

They walked along the cobblestone path, Mark bending down to give Christina a quick but passionate kiss on her forehead. It sent shock waves of warmth through her body. How had she come to have such great love in her life? Though it wasn't the traditional relationship of most shadowhunters, she wouldn't have had it any other way. They completed each other, complemented each other. They were three pieces of the same heart, constantly beating; unyielding.

As they neared the door, it burst open, and a head of dark blue hair came rushing towards them.

"My Mark. My Lady of Roses." A smile spread across Kieran's face, his eyes glowing, one black and one a sparkling silver. Even if he was the unseelie king, he would always be their Kieran.

"Kier," they both said in unison, rushing forwards to embrace each other. It hit her like alcohol would hit a recovering addict. Kieran's arm wrapped around her waist and he held on tightly, his grip like iron bars. Mark gripped the hand that ran along her waistline and stroked her back simultaneously. It had been so long since the three of them shared any form of intimacy, the feeling was startling, a chain reaction going off inside of her like fireworks lacing the night sky. Kierans arm wrapped around Mark's shoulder as he grabbed a fistful of his boyfriend's grey shirt.

His hair brushed against her face, soft locks of navy blue shot through with a deep sea green. He smelt of nighttime air and dew drops. She was pushed between Mark and Kieran, gently as they kissed each other over her head. Mark ran his finger through her hair and she moved to put her arms around him. Kieran reached down and brushed his fingers against her cheekbone, turning her head to face him. She looked at his lips, her heart pounding. Their eyes met, and she finally felt whole again. For the past three months, it had been just her and Mark, and though they loved each other immensely, Kieran tied them together. They had both missed him, but the distance meant that what few meetings they could have together were worth so much more.

Cupping her cheek, Kieran bent down and ran his lips across the corners of her own. She could feel Mark kissing her neck and the arms of both her hunters wrapped around her. It was a kind kiss, gentle and warm. She closed her eyes and allowed herself to live in the moment. She drifted away from the mortal world, away from L.A., and the Clave and her life as a shadowhunter and fell into the love that encompassed her. She let it take over, washing over her body like a wave crashing against the rocks, though smoother and easier.

It was always easier with them. It came so naturally. They would always be Kieran, Mark and Christina; to take someone out of the equation would be unfathomable. And though perhaps in the past the Clave would not have been understanding of their love, whole and true as it was, it was a changing world. A new Clave. And with Alec Lightwood-Bane as Consul, their relationship was more than acceptable. It was normal and uncriticized, as it should be.

They released themselves from the embrace, though with a bit of reluctance, and looked at one another, smiling and happy. They breathed the same air, their hearts beat as one. Hand in hand, the sun setting behind them, they walked into the cabin.