2. Whose Tattoo? Your Tattoo

Percy POV

I run to the window as the girls hobble out and down the fire escape. They reach the ground and start running. The girl who fell through my window looks back and stares at me. A lock of blonde hair escapes her hat that it was tucked under. She turns back around and they run out of view. Who are they? Why are they crashing through windows and falling down fire escapes? My mom picks up the broken pieces of glass and hands me a rag to wipe the blood. Oh, gods. She was bleeding. I didn't even notice. I was too busy staring at her eyes. She had the prettiest grey eyes.

Estelle starts crying so my mom and Paul go to comfort her. I continue to wipe up the blood and stare out the window. Will she come back? No. She was wearing all black and had a big black backpack. She was probably a bandit or something. I finish with the rag and grab a blanket from my closet. I tape it to the window hole. Meh. It will work for now. I toss the rag out the window and settle into bed. The girl's grey eyes burn into my memory as I drift off to sleep.

}------------------{

BBBBRRRIIINNNGGG

I groan and slam my arm down onto the alarm clock. A cold breeze flows through the room. I shiver and pull the blanket up to my face. Today is Monday. That means another day in the horrifying halls of Goode High, wasting around in classrooms and sucking in useless facts. I can't wait for the weekend. I push the blanket back and drag myself out of bed. The blanket I covered the window with flaps. The tape has come off and that's where the cold breeze came from.

I re-tape the window and head to the kitchen for some breakfast. Mom has some blue pancakes already made. I take some and stuff them into a bag for lunch. Jason will be here soon to pick me up and I can't be late again. I say goodbye to mom and Estelle. Then I run out the door and down the stairs to where Jason is waiting in the lobby. He greets me and seems happy about something. Probably just school. Jason loves school. We get in the car and start down the road.

My mind wanders to last night's events. I can't stop thinking about the one girl's eyes but there was another girl. Her brown hair was choppy and it stuck out from under the hat. But that's not what I remember most about her. It was the tattoo that was on the back of her hand. I got a good look at it when she grabbed the first girl. The tattoo was a large storm cloud. The weather around it changed depending on the mood of the person. On the girl, it was light rain with small lightning bolts. Shock/surprise. How do I know this? Jason has the same one. Right now it's on his neck. I glance over at it. I've gotten good at reading what it means and at the moment it's sunny with a faint rainbow. Happy/amused. Wait- This means that Jason and the girl are soulmates! If only I knew how to find her or who she is.

"Why are you so happy?" Jason asks as we pull into the school parking lot. I get out of the car and grab my backpack. Jason does the same and we start walking to the school. My backpack feels heavier today. Maybe mom packed some extra cookies!

"Remember when you said stop messing with your soulmate life? Well, guess what, I found her! For real this time" I exclaim. Jason rolls his eyes and keeps walking. I jump in front of him and hold out my hand. He stops and stares at me. I know that stare. It's the 'why are you the way you are' stare.

"I'm serious! It's really her! I swear on it," I plead "you have to believe me!" He tries to push past me but I grab his shoulders, "Ok, ok, ok. Look I know I've said this before but it's really her. I saw the tattoo!" That grabs his attention. His eyes go wide and he shakes my shoulders.

"What. Did. It. Look. Like?" He demands. I smirk and point to his neck, where the tattoo rests. he releases me and stares blankly. I pat his shoulder, turn on my heel, and head to class. Jason still stands there, unmoving. Must be a shock.

That's the next chapter. Sorry my updates take long. I try but It doesn't always work. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!