Chapter Six

Dedicating this chapter to one of the first few people who genuinely supported 2FU. Thank you po! <3 I highly recommend that you check out her story, Until it Hurts No More. Super relatable and nakakakilig!

----

To say that the party is grand would be an understatement.

The whole place screamed Prisma.

Geometrically-shaped light fixtures accompanied with streaks of long and multiple pieces of bulbs falling down into elegant shapes and length, occupied the whole ceiling above. There are pieces of white leaves and decorations aesthetically filling the empty spaces of the walls. A huge and enchanting chandelier centered the hall, illuminating white light as well, joining tonight's theme.

Sa baba naman ay puno rin ng pailaw. There are smoking machines everywhere, filling the ground with faint smoke. The floor is entirely carpeted in red while the tables and chairs matched the color of the light. Fake prisma--shaped vase served as the centerpiece decoration sa bawat mesa. Only a portion of the food is shown in sight, arranged in a long piece of table, sa kabilang sulok ng lugar. Mas malaki pa ang bar station sa likurang bahagi ng hall, kung saan naroroon ang pub tables.

Hindi gaanong crowded ang lugar dahil sa laki ng espasyo ngunit kung iisipin ay halos marami rin ang naririto. Among those present are approximately 20 Hunters, members of The Council, other important staff and some permitted state reporters as well. May mga Watchers ding nagbabantay sa bawat sulok ng event.
Mahahalata mong halos lahat ng guests ay nanggaling sa prominenteng pamumuhay. You could see the elegance, the poise, the walk that shows how common these events are for them. It is always the higher ones who get to enjoy life with pride.

"If you wore a nice and expensive lariat necklace, you'll look a lot sophisticated," saad ng isang payat at maputing lalake sa akin. He had an aura that says 'gay and classy' and so I composed myself in a formal way.

Parang namumukhaan ko siya.

"Do I look cheap without it?" I replied while trying to take hold of my innocent façade.

I get it. Siya pala yung lalakeng kausap nung maingay na babae sa tren. He looked classic, wearing a nude-colored turtleneck. His black coat draped over his shoulders, making the outfit more fashionable than ever. His hair was cut clean at nakasuot siya ng salamin sa mata. Elegante siyang umupo sa tabi ko.

"You still look stunning, either way." He replied while crossing his legs.

I smiled conservatively, acting a little shy to take his compliment. "I'm not really used to this...dress and place." Maang-maangan ko.

"You will be, after a drink," wika niya, casually hinting an invitation to the bar station.

"I don't drink." His eyes immediately turned dissatisfied, not fully convinced with my statement.

"Yeah, girl, and you're bad at acting as well." Tumayo siya at inalalayan ako. Hunters are quite smart now. O baka hindi lang talaga ako magaling umarte? I am so frustrated about keeping the plan intact when I couldn't even act up accordingly. But I'm gradually getting to know each Hunter so I assume that I'm on the right track, gayong mas madali ko na silang mao-obserbahan.

Pagkarating sa likurang bahagi ng hall ay pumwesto kami sa isang pub table na nasa harap lang ng bar station. He ordered two shots of tequila for us both, slightly flirting with the bartender. I quickly scanned the place, looking for Sky. He told me a while ago to watch over a girl named Tabitha and try to observe for something suspicious, before he left to go chat with his father and its colleagues. Mukhang made-delay ata ang misyon ko ngayong gabi.