Chapter 3

Blake's POV:

Whoever this Kat girl was, she was interesting. I didn't know why or how, but I almost felt a connection with her. Almost. "Looks like you've got a fancy." Reece teased, though I just laughed at this. "Unfortunately Reece, I don't have a fancy. I met her today. Spilled coffee on her and everything."

With that said, Reece shut up.

~~

As the day went on, we all decided to practice a bit and play some video games. Currently, we were playing COD.

"Come on George! Try harder next time." Reece laughed a bit. "Don't worry, I'll get you next time." Those two really did love a good game. I was sat in the corner scrolling through Instagram. "You sure you don't want to play?" Reece asked, causing me to look up from my phone.

"Yeah, I'm sure."
"Alright, let us know if you change your mind."

I was about to reply to someone's comment when I got a notification on my phone.

~IMessage~

𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤
Hey.

𝐂𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲
Hey, what's up?

𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤
Bored. Are you busy?

𝐂𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲
Maybe. Why?

𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤
Just thought we could meet at
the library or something.

𝐂𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲
Alright, see you in 15?

𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤
Sounds like a plan.

𝐂𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲
See you then.
𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑 2:50𝑝𝑚

~𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞~

That was the fastest I'd ever made plans. I just stood up and stretched, put my phone in my pocket and looked at George and Reece. "I'm heading out."

"Why? You want to go see that girl from earlier?"
"I still think he has a fancy."
"Will you two shut up?"

This caused them to let out a fit of laughter, in which I took as an opportunity to walk out the door.

Kats POV:

I stared at the wall in boredom, just clicking my pen. It had been a few hours since we did anything, and we were all bored out of our minds. "Anyone have any suggestions?" Kayla groaned, throwing her head back against a pillow. She was sprawled out on the couch with Aaron sat at her feet.

"Not a single bloody idea." The brunette replied.

Sure we all had our fun, but when we were bored, our creative souls were taking a serious vacation.

Eventually, I decided to text Blake. There wasn't really much else to do, right?

~25 minutes later~

I made it to the library in 10 minutes, but Blake said he would be here in 15. Which meant, I had 5 minutes to read in peace. So I opened up my Percy Jackson and the Demigod Files, and started the prologue.

Unfortunately I'm not a fast reader. I was barely done with the prologue when I heard a voice. "Hey Kat." Blake spoke. I looked up at him with a confused look.

"How do you know my name?"
"I overheard Kayla."
"Oh.."

Well that explains a lot. Kayla and her big mouth.

"Well.. why were you in the library this morning?" I asked him. He just shrugged and put down his second coffee of the day. "Dude." I started. "It's like, 7:00 at night. Another coffee?" I questioned. The boy just chuckled. "Well, considering you have my other coffee all over your white shirt, I thought why not actually get a coffee and drink it?" He replied with a smirk.

He had a point.

"You got me there." I said, throwing my hands up in the air. "So, why do you and your friends look so familiar?" I asked, putting my book down. "Probably because we're a band." He replied simply.

A band. What were they called. Have I heard them?

"What's the name?"
"New Hope Club."

Oh my god. I've listened to one or two of their covers.

"No wonder. I've seen some of your covers. You guys are great!" I smiled at him.

"Well, I would hope so after the countless hours of trying and failing to film everything that we'd at least be decent." He responded with a short laugh.

This was awkward now. Why?

"Uh- well. It's nice to actually meet you now, Blake. Wanna take some pictures together? I need something to post for the gram." I stated with a shrug. Literally anything to ease the tension, please.

"Sure."

Thank you. Oh thank the gods.

I stood up alongside him, and we asked a cute couple if they could take some photos. Luckily, they agreed. Of course we took some selfies too, but those were more for us than anything else. That was actually pretty fun.

"That was fun!" I smiled at him. "Hell yeah it was. You should come hang out with me and the guys sometime. Or me and you can hang out by ourselves again, either way, I really enjoy your company. Friends?" Blake asked.

"Friends."

And with that, the clock turned 8, and we parted ways for the night. Man, he really was fun to be around. I should start hanging out with him more.